Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I play xbox to de-stress, and I just tried to write some info in my xbox profile's bio, and I keep getting censored..... I can't talk about the Amero, or Immigration, or the Trans Texas Corridor, and this got under my skin.... I can't stand censorship, and thats exactly what that is, what happened to my freedon of speech?

Im going to be calling Xbox to complain, not that they'll care or do anything, but I can't just sit here and do nothing about it, it's driving me nuts

Sorry for the rant, but I needed it

·
Registered
205 Posts
But I play xbox to de-stress, and I just tried to write some info in my xbox profile's bio, and I keep getting censored..... I can't talk about the Amero, or Immigration, or the Trans Texas Corridor, and this got under my skin.... I can't stand censorship, and thats exactly what that is, what happened to my freedon of speech?
Freedom of speech means the government can't stop you from saying your mind. It does not mean Microsoft is required to give you a forum for whatever you have to say. It only protects you from government infringement.

Microsoft can create whatever limitations they want in the product they sell regarding what communication is allowed, just as the admins of this messaeg board have said they will not allow hate speech, and just as you aren't required to let Neo-nazis use your living room for their meetings. You have the choice not to use their products if you don't agree with their policies.

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
What? The Bill Gates Foundation and the Rockefellers created the Doomsday Seed Vault! Why?

What? The Bill Gates Foundation is the biggest contributor to Planned Parenthood, to help keep the population down. Why?

I thought he was just some guy who started out making computers in his garage. I guess not.

Screw that X-box, get out there and start handing out Flyers, informing your neighbors, burn DVD's, and Protest.:thumb: Some kid in Guam is not going to help us defeat the NAU. There is no rest for the wicked and neither for us.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, that kinda what Im doing, the protest thing, I wrote a huge "spiel" and half of it won't be permited, so Im just doing it verbally. BTW, I live in canada, so the xbox is my prime instrument to reach IMPRESIONABLE americans who may not know what is going on but is at the right age to start asking questions of those around them.... Its not much, but its the best I can do without moving my wife and I across the border, which will never happen, so yeah, Im trying

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey buddha,
You already know this but Microsoft is an American Corporation and here in America, we used to have freedom of speech here. Not sure what happened to it.....Must have gotten flushed down the toilet with the Constitution.

·
Registered
564 Posts
This isn't an infringement of freedom of speech like dorsai said because to my knowledge all of xbox/xbox live is a private company and freedom of speech does not stop businesses from telling you to be quiet. Sort of like this board kev says you can't talk about explosives manufacture, it isn't trampling on your rights because its HIS board.

·
Farmer/Film maker
206 Posts
As much a I agree with the right to have freedom of speach, it is true that Microsoft is a company that owns the right to regulate what is on their system.

My guess for the reason they don't want you talking about those things is that if a big arguement arises on Xboxlive, it could make players end their subscription because what used to be a gaming site turned into a pile of cussing, ranting political arguments. (Yes i know that was a run-on sentance) If folks go on Live, they are looking for game networking, not political issues.

·
Sector IV
661 Posts
What? The Bill Gates Foundation and the Rockefellers created the Doomsday Seed Vault! Why?

What? The Bill Gates Foundation is the biggest contributor to Planned Parenthood, to help keep the population down. Why?

I thought he was just some guy who started out making computers in his garage. I guess not.

Screw that X-box, get out there and start handing out Flyers, informing your neighbors, burn DVD's, and Protest.:thumb: Some kid in Guam is not going to help us defeat the NAU. There is no rest for the wicked and neither for us.
Good post, you beat me to it. Besides that, I've read more than a couple times that he's a 33rd degree mason. Seed bank, eugenics, mason... Yeah, he's one of the enemies, so why would he let you post awareness topics on his servers? He wants the users of his products to be ignorant and lazy.

Enjoy your gaming.

·
Padawan
589 Posts
Freedom of speech means the government can't stop you from saying your mind. It does not mean Microsoft is required to give you a forum for whatever you have to say. It only protects you from government infringement.
Sure. But the government and big corporations are intertwined nowadays. And I don't see any practical reason why Microsoft would ban such discussions. Why does M$ care if people talk about the Amero or Immigration?

·
the cuban hammer
503 Posts
Maybe they just don't want it to turn into a cesspool of political asshattery?
yeah, i think it is more of something like this...
tell me this, would you play a xbox, or use xbox live anymore if all that every happened was political bashing, arguements, and other BS...no you wouldnt...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts