Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bouncing an idea out there. How about the idea of a "preparedness expo" of sorts over a weekend in the spring/summer of 2010. If anyone has any skills in prepping, survival, or homesteading they can share, this would be the venue to do it in. Now I am not the organizing type but if anyone knows of a location such as a church or community center where this could be done on the cheap or know of anyone with skills who wouldn't mind sharing lets see what we can do about putting this together. I am not going to debate the religious aspects, however the LDS's have been involved in prepping for years and probably have a lot to share regarding this as well as probably providing a venue.

Some of the topics I can think of right off the top of my head is:
01. Food Storage
02. Home protection
03. Emergency Medical/first Aid
04. Alternative Energy
05. Earthquake Prep
06. Flood Prep
07. Wildfire Prep
08. Bug-Out Bags
09. Gardening/Permaculture
10. Biological Safety Measures (pandemic,etc...)
11. Water Acquisition and Safety
12. Financial Readiness

These are just what comes to mind. What I kinda envision is a job fair format but for prepping.

Looking forward to seeing what we can come up with.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
Not a bad idea, Im about an hour north of Sacramento in the foothills.

Here's a couple resources for you.

http://cesacramento.ucdavis.edu/Master_Food_Preservers/

The extension is getting ready to put on another Master Food Preservers class. 7-8 Saturdays in a row, all day. Covers all the major preserving areas, canning, freezing, dehydrating, etc. I'm planning to enroll in the next one.

http://groups.ucanr.org/sactomg/

This site is the lead instructor for the Master Food Preservers who is teaching "mobile" classes away from the County Extension.

www.TraditionalSkillsWorkshop.com

Welcome to the forum.

GO KINGS!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts