Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://coloradoindependent.com/1332...homeland-security-missions-raises-ire-of-aclu

Now the commander of Northern Command claims that at least two more military units will be stationed inside the country in the next two years, contributing to an estimated total of 4,700 specially trained service members.

“It’s to help us manage the consequences of a large-scale event,” said Renuart. “We have one [unit] now trained and equipped and assigned to the Northern Command. We’ll grow a second one this calendar year of 2009 and a third one in the calender year 2010 so we can provide the nation three sets of capabilities that could respond to an event of the size of 9/11 or larger.”

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Reading just the summary made my whole body and spirit just slump. I feel like I'm in a room, filled with sheep, and half sheep, eating, dancing, and laughing all the while guards are being posted with machine guns and cannons and tear gas launchers are being set up. One day the music will stop, the sheep will still be sheep and then someone will say, "Hey, where did the music go?" and either the .gov will turn the music back on and let them be sheep, the sheep will charge the guards and die, or they'll all be chained up.

I want to scream, I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'd be dreaming if it wasn't a good possibility.

·
Sum Liber
2,193 Posts
I feel your frustration.

There is only one reason you would want soldiers, who follow orders and shoot people, rather than emergency response personnel, who help victims, standing around waiting for something to happen:

Because what is going to happen is going to require people who follow orders and shoot people, not help them.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
This is a response to the fact we have all of our troops gone right now and are wide open for an attack at home. Common sense says we never should have shut down all those bases, and kept all the folks who worked at them.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
So this is self defence?

This is a response to the fact we have all of our troops gone right now and are wide open for an attack at home. Common sense says we never should have shut down all those bases, and kept all the folks who worked at them.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I wish you were right.

During the symposium Renuart admitted that the Northern Command has assisted regularly with law enforcement activities in the past.
how? until it has assets chopped to it, NORTHCOM is just a general and his staff. I take it that NORTHCOM controls stateside training, National Guard operations, and air defense up to but not including ballistic missile defense (which is handled by SPACE COMMAND).

Without knowing how many national guard troops are deployable here in CONUS, I still have to ask why its nessesary to break Posse Comitus for any other reason than to test to see if anyone objected. Kind of a trial run to see how long they can get away with it.

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how? until it has assets chopped to it, NORTHCOM is just a general and his staff. I take it that NORTHCOM controls stateside training, National Guard operations, and air defense up to but not including ballistic missile defense (which is handled by SPACE COMMAND).

Without knowing how many national guard troops are deployable here in CONUS, I still have to ask why its nessesary to break Posse Comitus for any other reason than to test to see if anyone objected. Kind of a trial run to see how long they can get away with it.
I think your right, But NORTHCOM already has 1 brigade attached(that there was no official objection to)and no idea what other assets have been assigned under EO's or other enabling language dreamed up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts