Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Station 44 - Ladder 751
400 Posts
Hmm interesting... A scary scenario that is definetly possible. But a scenario that has been possible for a LOONG time. It's just now more than ever IMO that we are most vulnerable.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
very scary, Want a good idea of what happens take a look at the story line of the video game "homefront"

Get your food and guns ready because soon you will need both.

·
Not what I appear to be
2,174 Posts
It sounds like this action is deserving of a very strongly worded letter from the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission.

And if north Korea persists, perhaps an even more strongly worded letter, etc.. etc.. etc..

Where is Hans Blix when we need him ?

·
Liberty or Death
91 Posts
yeah i looked into this when it was SHTFplan.com and it seems like "newsmax" (who i have never heard of) is the only site carrying this story... definately not AP, and seems very unrealistic. The main question is, how the hell do you test a super EMP (that is supposably capable of knocking out half of the continental USA) without knocking out your own resources? I smell B.S. (another set of parenthesis)...

·
Comrade
232 Posts
NORTH KOREA IS BEST KOREA. KOREA STRONG. DEAR LEADER INVINCIBLE, AND WILL SMITE CAPITALIST AMERIKAN PIG WITH SUPER EMP WEAPON.

Just a few months ago they were begging the UN for food because they're starving. If they had the capability, they would have done it already.

Otherwise, it's just more empty sword-rattling like they have done for decades.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Not exactly a "Super EMP" burst. Most estimates for the yield is from 3-8 kilotons with the Russians putting it at roughly Hiroshima class. Altho you could get some EMP if you popped it off at a high altitude, it wouldn't be much. Vastly more damaging as a surface or low altitude burst, but to what point? Bomb South Korea? We'd have a bloody nose and North Korea would no longer exist.

The NK weapons program is a matter of national prestige and a means to make an invasion of the North unacceptably risky. Maybe blackmail against the South. I doubt they will ever be a real offensive threat but I suppose they could sell a nuke to a terrorist group.

The only EMP threats to the US remain China and Russia.

·
10,548 Posts
Someone else in a similar Thread suggested that from the looks of a Night Time Satellite Photograph, They apparently tested it on themselves, as most of the Country does not have Electricity.

·
Banned
750 Posts
This has been a threat for a long time, true... I also KNOW that the gov't has at least one plan already in place (for several years now) to stop such an attack. Of course no system is 100% foolproof.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
So did they test the new nukes?

The story talks about ones they set off back in 09.:xeye:

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
yeah i looked into this when it was SHTFplan.com and it seems like "newsmax" (who i have never heard of) is the only site carrying this story... definately not AP, and seems very unrealistic. The main question is, how the hell do you test a super EMP (that is supposably capable of knocking out half of the continental USA) without knocking out your own resources? I smell B.S. (another set of parenthesis)...
Perhaps you should look into EMPs and Newsmax more.

The EMP effect is only achieved wide scale if detonated in/above the atmosphere. You can still test the nuclear explosion under ground to gauge it's power. Every nuclear detonation creates an EMP.

As for Newsmax, they have been around for a long time and are a mostly respected news source. More respected than the AP in a lot of minds.

·
Registered
22,057 Posts
As for Newsmax, they have been around for a long time and are a mostly respected news source. More respected than the AP in a lot of minds.
A lot of those minds must be incredibly partisan. It took me about 30 seconds scanning loaded headlines to tell this is a sight with an incredible tilt.

·
Neo Confederate
2,256 Posts

The EMP effect is only achieved wide scale if detonated in/above the atmosphere. You can still test the nuclear explosion under ground to gauge it's power. Every nuclear detonation creates an EMP.

Thats only for a "conventional " nuclear bomb.

A specifically shaped nuclear charge can produce an enormous EMP.

The tech is old, we used conventional EMP bombs on Irag II.

Don't make me dig up the evidence, I allready posted that here years ago.

http://cyberarms.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/the-weapon-that-disabled-iraqs-power-grid/

Just search for EMP bomb used in Iraq, there is plenty of information.

Attachments

·
Get off my lawn!
1,835 Posts
That's it!, we're putting them on double-secret probation! What a joke. We have to wait until they actually "do" something to respond? Iran and North Korea have already stated their intentions. What is the rest of the world waiting for?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

I find newsmax to be a very informative news service. Second of all, nkorea or kimjonill in the head would use one if he indeed had one. Third, you wouldn't have to knock out all our power at once, as if you got a large enough area with a first strike, say in the ny-boston area, you would probably then get the domino effect.
That is when you would get the big opps effect.

Also, I really think kimjon ill in the head would do it just to show everybody he could.

·
Liberty or Death
91 Posts
I went to the author's personal website. He thinks he has pictures of Osama bin Laden dead. This guy is a joke.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
I find newsmax to be a very informative news service. Second of all, nkorea or kimjonill in the head would use one if he indeed had one.

Also, I really think kimjon ill in the head would do it just to show everybody he could.
He'd use a regular nuclear weapon if he had one of those. Oh wait...he does have one and hasn't used it.

He may be a little off and more than a slight bit crazy and eccentric, but he does have some curious desire to live as evidenced by his traveling by armored railcar/switching locations between his various homes often to keep people from knowing where he is.

For some reason, I think these two things point towards him doing nothing even if they had the weapons theorized. I would see them being content to sell them to the highest bidder instead of actually using them against anyone and bringing the world down on them militarily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts