Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Korean leaders have long cited the year 2012 as being particularly significant for their country. It will mark the 100-year anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, the nation's founder and Kim Jong Il's father and predecessor. Jong Il, now 67 and ailing after suffering a stroke last summer, is thought to be arranging a succession now: foreign intelligence analysts believe he wants to pass power onto to his youngest son, 26-year-old Kim Jong Un, with Kim's trusted brother-in-law guiding the young man from behind.
In this febrile environment, the military is said to have stepped up its influence in Pyongyang. A group of North Korean exiles today circulated a report saying that after the missile launch last month, Kim visited a group of generals and assured them that by 2012, the North would have achieved the status of "a nuclear state," one with the ability to fit a warhead on a long-range missile.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1900828,00.html

This is the most real danger in my opinion. Maybe the Mayans were right.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm more worried about a self-centered, dying leader wanting to go down in a blaze of glory and using those nukes. Hell, it's not like North Korea is going anywhere or anything.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I'm more worried about a self-centered, dying leader wanting to go down in a blaze of glory and using those nukes. Hell, it's not like North Korea is going anywhere or anything.

It wouldn't be surprising if it happened...at least not to many of us. I'm sure President Obama would be utterly stunned, of course. I get the feeling that he'll manage to get a nuke or two into Iran's hands before long, though, and either Israel will be turned into a glass parking lot, or he'll smuggle one (or more) into a US port aboard a freighter and detonate it. If that happens, the death toll will be in the hundreds of thousands, most likely, before it's all said and done.

·
VA / NC
12,688 Posts
It wouldn't be surprising if it happened...at least not to many of us. I'm sure President Obama would be utterly stunned, of course. I get the feeling that he'll manage to get a nuke or two into Iran's hands before long, though, and either Israel will be turned into a glass parking lot, or he'll smuggle one (or more) into a US port aboard a freighter and detonate it. If that happens, the death toll will be in the hundreds of thousands, most likely, before it's all said and done.
Only part I disagree with is the use of the word will.......may have been done already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well, he died but is Nutty 2 like him? Or, has the deal already went down? We will see.But our gov't already knows I bet.We/they ain't stupid.

·
Registered
364 Posts
North Korean leaders have long cited the year 2012 as being particularly significant for their country. It will mark the 100-year anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, the nation's founder and Kim Jong Il's father and predecessor. Jong Il, now 67 and ailing after suffering a stroke last summer, is thought to be arranging a succession now: foreign intelligence analysts believe he wants to pass power onto to his youngest son, 26-year-old Kim Jong Un, with Kim's trusted brother-in-law guiding the young man from behind.
In this febrile environment, the military is said to have stepped up its influence in Pyongyang. A group of North Korean exiles today circulated a report saying that after the missile launch last month, Kim visited a group of generals and assured them that by 2012, the North would have achieved the status of "a nuclear state," one with the ability to fit a warhead on a long-range missile.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1900828,00.html

This is the most real danger in my opinion. Maybe the Mayans were right.
North Korea is not a significant threat, and it never will be. They are almost completely an isolationist country, and it wouldn't exactly be a "war" if the UN had to invade. And don't think that China is gonna side with them either; the relationship between China and the US/Europe is HIGHLY interdependent.

Why does everyone on these boards think Obama is a murderous nutjob? Who comes up with these absolutely insane conspiracies? Nice tinfoil hat..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts