Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I moved to Minot ND 7 months ago from WA. I am looking for community to weather the world storm ahead with. Share skills, trade, etc, friendship, community? Anyone around that wants the same?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Minot for about a year back in 2002 and couldn't get out of there fast enough! I got stationed there after my assignment in Alaska and volunteered for anything that was available to get out of there. ND just wasn't for me, but hopefully you'll have a better time than I did...

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

·
Padre in the woods
1,752 Posts
Had family about 50 miles east of Minot in McHenry County. They sold the farm and have moves to a slightly larger city. I've got 7.5 months left on my contract and will be moving to the U.P. Once you get acclamated to Minot you'll find it pretty nice. Now that the oil fields are not as active, it's mostly locals.

Hi, I moved to Minot ND 7 months ago from WA. I am looking for community to weather the world storm ahead with. Share skills, trade, etc, friendship, community? Anyone around that wants the same?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! I lived in Minot for about a year back in 2002 and couldn't get out of there fast enough! I got stationed there after my assignment in Alaska and volunteered for anything that was available to get out of there. ND just wasn't for me, but hopefully you'll have a better time than I did...

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I lived out here before about 20 years ago. I am actually out in the country but Minot or Bismarck are the closest cities. Yes I like it, sun always shines, winters are extreme but beautiful and peaceful. Plus I love to ice fish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had family about 50 miles east of Minot in McHenry County. They sold the farm and have moves to a slightly larger city. I've got 7.5 months left on my contract and will be moving to the U.P. Once you get acclamated to Minot you'll find it pretty nice. Now that the oil fields are not as active, it's mostly locals.
Oh yes, that is where some of my land is; karlshrue. Pretty land. Where is U.P?

·
ICBM Warrior
553 Posts
Was in Minot from 85-89. Have gone there for work as recently as 2019. ! Loved ND and the people! Lefsa good, Lutefisk bad. LOL.

Was in the 740th... Been to Karlshrue, Velva, Max among others...I tried to stay away from Tagus...

Welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was in Minot from 85-89. Have gone there for work as recently as 2019. ! Loved ND and the people! Lefsa good, Lutefisk bad. LOL.

Was in the 740th... Been to Karlshrue, Velva, Max among others...I tried to stay away from Tagus...

Welcome!
Thank you 🙂

1 - 20 of 23 Posts