Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
FX, I have had the NAA mini in .22lr. I enjoyed having it, but not really shooting it. Past 10 feet, your groupings will be over 12". Great palm gun or to have "something" but far from ideal. Perfect for shoving up someones nose those.

The LR version would fit nicely in the change pocket of my blue jeans. I would by another one in a heart beat for the right price.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FX, I have had the NAA mini in .22lr. I enjoyed having it, but not really shooting it. Past 10 feet, your groupings will be over 12". Great palm gun or to have "something" but far from ideal. Perfect for shoving up someones nose those.

The LR version would fit nicely in the change pocket of my blue jeans. I would by another one in a heart beat for the right price.
I was thinking it would be good to put in my bicycle flat tire pouch for rides.
ya never know...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I used to carry it when something larger was just not practical or the possibility of it being exposed was too great. When they first came out back in the early 90's, I saw a magnum version that was a belt buckle. Have not seen it in a while.

I have also seen them with folding knives for handles as well.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
There is a youtube vid I have seen where someone is plucking 6" balloons at 50 feet with a NAA .22M. Not that I fear zombie balloon attacks, but the accuracy looks better that you describe.
I was referring to the .22lr version with a 1" barrel. The magnums have 2+" barrels. that is likely where the difference in accuracy comes from.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
pretty cool...I'd get one if I was full up on other pistols that I am wanting...
I feel the same way. I've got a concealed carry/backup gun, but I need a bigger gun for the house and for days when I can carry a bigger concealed gun and I really want an FN 5.7 too.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the magnum model with a .22 long extra cylinder today.
Pretty damn small and it hold 5 shots. It's got grooves in the cylinder to keep the hammer somewhat locked off from a live round.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It is a good gun. Well made and dependable. I have had one for years. Mine is older model. It is not your first line of defense but it can save your you know what in a pinch.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a good gun. Well made and dependable. I have had one for years. Mine is older model. It is not your first line of defense but it can save your you know what in a pinch.
I wouldn't want to be looking down the barrel of 5 rounds of 22 magnum hollowpoint at 30 feet or less. You can stash this gun damn near anywhere.
Much better than a derringer i would think.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I wouldn't want to be looking down the barrel of 5 rounds of 22 magnum hollowpoint at 30 feet or less. You can stash this gun damn near anywhere.
Much better than a derringer i would think.
That all depends. The NAA mini is very slow to get into action. It's awkward to hold, very slow for a followup shots and "only" .22 Mag (with the short barrel published .22Mag velocities are extremely optimistic) AND the sights on an NAA mini are rudimentary and hard to find. The question you have to ask yourself is: Are 5 slow shots from a .22Mag better than 2 quick shots of .32acp from a derringer...

Personally it would be a difficult choice for me. I have the NAA .22short and the Davis .32 derringer. I have carried the Davis as a BUG, but have never carried the NAA for defense...

These days a Kel-Tec P-3AT in .380 is my BUG. It's as light or lighter than the NAA, holds a significantly effective round and holds 3 more rounds than the NAA...

Allan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts