Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you everything that causes this forum to exist.
I am Nohbdy(The name comes from Odysseus' alternative name in used to escape and trick the cyclops in the mythological story: The Odyssey).

You'd probably learn a good amount about me by looking at my profile, but other than that I'll tell you about my survivalistic views. The main reasons that I have an interest in survival are not formed because of any prediction or prophecy, but instead because of logic which leads me to be aware of possibility, circumstance, and chance. The possibility of a major disaster is just what I said, possible. Amongst the human existence is the existence of devastating weapons, human capability, and natural disaster both pertaining to Earth and outer space.
I have the same take on survival as most I assume, but what may make my views unique is that I also have a high interest in technology. If I were to put a priority on the best method of making sure humanity doesn't cease to exist, it would be to get out into space. I truly wish we as humans would focus more on that aspect. Probably the most likely start would be a mining colony on Mars.
Technology also means survival here as well. In fact, I plan on being a game programmer which, besides games, I may also use to create virtual training programs that teach anything from a full education to how to survive "this and that". This can also lead to me specializing in programming physics and CAD which means a safe environment for, hopefully accurately, testing the extremities on survival equipment which I'd love to design. And/or I can specialize in Artificial Intelligence, which not only go hand-in-hand with training programs and equipment design, but also for creating environments that can simulate many scenarios, many times. We don't have the technology for all of that yet though, which is why our advancement in these non-catastrophic times is important.
Although, there are organizations and beliefs that slow the process of technological advancement down, but sadly I seem to not be able to speak of them since it goes against the rules of the forums(Yes I sure did read the agreements and terms, and although I agree to follow them, I disagree in the reason for some of them being there). It's a shame that people get offended and try to avoid debate, since taking offense is unneeded and silly in modern times, and debating(as long as it is reasonable, and politely without off-topic insults) has always shown to be educational.

Anyway, I know I have more to talk about but I should stop here. I tend to type a lot due to a few reasons.

Oh and by the way, I don't always act like this. ^.^ srsly

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe the sciences have much to offer us in the furthering of goals as a race(the human one). I also submit that the ways of even the most obscure civilizations would have much to offer. I am looking forward to seeing how all of that gets amalgamated here, and hope that the new school and the old school learn a lot from each other. Happy browsing!

·
Prepared in NH
12,847 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Collin County, Republic of Texas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts