Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn. I saw that Remington coupon, and I have called Bass Pro Shop, Wal-Mart, and Sports Authority. None of them have a tactical 870 or 11-87. They don't even have any 700 bolt rifles in .308 or 30.06.

I'd settle for a Winchester 1300 Defender, or an 870, but they are scarce.... :(

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
They're everywhere here in NY. Everybody seems to be trading in thier shotguns for shiny ars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
found a bunch of charles daily field tactical shotguns in missouri for $210 at showme shooters.com purchased one there las week in 12 ga good luck here any type of so called assualt weapon or tactical weapon is flying off the shelf

·
woo pig sooie
55 Posts
I dont know if there is a Gander mtn close to ya or not, but they still have many in stock, or at least they do here in Arkansas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran into the same thing here in NY. Gander Mtn. had them on sale in the middle of November but had none in stock so I reserved one and was told it would arrive around the 1st of Dec. Long story short the manager isn't sure when they might get them in stock. Yesterday I gave up on waiting and bought a Mossberg 500. They also only had one of the 500 on hand.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Wal Mart 20 miles away still has Rem 870's I'm waiting till the day after Christmas to see if they have any sells before buying. Then again I have 3 pump shotguns and a smi auto Rem so may just spend that money on reloading supplies. Decisions, decisions just so much to choice from.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Last time I was at a Gander Mountain (2 weeks ago?) they had plenty of shotguns in the racks, but most of the AR-platform, M1A-platform and other semi-auto "black" rifles were missing. Still had Mosin-Nagents for $99, though.

·
free man
626 Posts
Local gun store today here in wnc had plenty, including 2 Brown FN police models(18", mat finish, etc) for $429. Almost walked out with one. Almost..

Saw an m4 go out the door while there for $1100. Had 2 left otherwise. 3 AKs from $600 up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damn. I saw that Remington coupon, and I have called Bass Pro Shop, Wal-Mart, and Sports Authority. None of them have a tactical 870 or 11-87. They don't even have any 700 bolt rifles in .308 or 30.06.

I'd settle for a Winchester 1300 Defender, or an 870, but they are scarce.... :(
are they out of stock or do they not carry them?

·
Apathetic Protagonist
70 Posts
Last time I was at a Gander Mountain (2 weeks ago?) they had plenty of shotguns in the racks, but most of the AR-platform, M1A-platform and other semi-auto "black" rifles were missing. Still had Mosin-Nagents for $99, though.
Argh, lucky bastard. I've been looking for a Mosin-Nagant for weeks now.

The Gander Mountain near me also has a TON of shotguns; but their prices are a little high compared to everywhere else. Many of them are $1,000-3,000, even used. Plenty of rifles in all calibers, but nothing as far as "scary black rifles" left. And they can't keep a .380 LCP in stock to save their own lives, heh.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My local shop is assault weapon-free except for one pricey STG-556, and while there are still quite a few long-barreled duck guns on the shelves, his only tactical scattergun is a Stoeger P-350 12-gauge in riot trim...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't know where you are in Florida, but I recently had the same problem in S FL. At the time I was trying to get a 12 ga Mossberg 500. The Bass outlet in Broward told me I could order a Remington 870 but it might take awhile. I paid up front and it ended up coming in less than 2 weeks later. I'd go in person and try the same thing - no one has them in stock around here that I could find.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Get that Winchester Defender while you can. That is a fine shotgun. I would almost trade one of my 870's for a Defender.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Just got a Cabelas coupon book in the mail today...they have the 870 Remington Express tactical, on sale for 299.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just got a Cabelas coupon book in the mail today...they have the 870 Remington Express tactical, on sale for 299.
I have a few 18" 870 Express Magnums, and I think they're a really good basic defensive scattergun.

Personally, I like having a pile of affordable, reliable 12-gauge shotguns at the ready. If an angry mob were headed my way, and I had 60 seconds to school someone not versed in firearms as to how to defend himself/herself (and by virtue of such action to watch my back) I'd be handing that newbie a pump shotty and a box of shells over a pistol or a rifle, hands down.

A time-tested proven weapon like the 870, even in its most economical trim, is cheap insurance against such SHTF emergencies... :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with those generic $100 range, black tactical looking 12 gauge pumps at the gun shows? They may be made in China. All the name brand ones currently don't seem to be in production.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts