Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive decided that ive had enough of argueing politics and religion on this site,it is not only pulling me down its pulling the site down IMHO.

I came here to get together with like minded people ''survivalists'' not to argue politics and religion,so from now on count me out,It just gets my blood pressure up and gets me angry,well i come here to learn,pass on my knowledge and to relax.

As some have said there used to be a lot more survival related posts,but there are a lot less now a days.

Ive done some posts on making things and tapping trees,camping trips,so thats what im going to stick to from now on.

By this time last year id been camping about 8 times,this year it has just rained all the time here,ive camped in below freezing,in storms but i hate rain so that is why ive only done 3 posts on camping this year.

But i think you Americans should post a few more pictures and threads on your trips,you have a vast landscape but for how many are here don't seem to post much in the way of trips and pics.

Anyway thats my rant over.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree. I have chose not to give my opinion on almost any discussion. I had a little too much to drink one night and look at the ( For all the cops on this site) in the urban section brought. I am here to learn, not fight. Let's all learn from each other. That's why Kev started this. For us to learn. No one can change my mind about how I feel about the Gov., Religion, and politics. They can change my mind about survival equipment to use. Let's get back to the real issue. Survival

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Heck, I've avoided them from the start.

1: They are topics that are almost always heated.
2: I don't know enough on the subjects to have an informed debate.
3: They really don't interest me, I my views on politics and religion, and am not interested in changing them or trying to convince someone of them.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Sure, I thought the same awhile back but then I noticed something.

The only new threads that have any support are in the religion or politics sections.

Plus I can only read the "how to store rice" and "what is your favorite survival rifle?" threads so many times.

Reactions: AncientBrit

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, I thought the same awhile back but then I noticed something.

The only new threads that have any support are in the religion or politics sections.

Plus I can only read the "how to store rice" and "what is your favorite survival rifle?" threads so many times.
check out some of the old posts,there are some good ones:thumb:

·
Registered
300 Posts
If only that could be the case. All indications point to leftist liberals being on this forum, who are inciters,flamers, and trolls for the Obama campaign...
Personally, I am sick of their crap on this forum...we really have much more important issues to discuss than him.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Even though I have gotten into several political and religious discussion, I agree that there have gotten to be too many of these lately. I really enjoy seeing the how-to threads. Several of them have really inspired me.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I believe one of the problems is that the newness of the actual topic of survivalism has worn off for a lot of us. I had no idea that there was a religious section or a political section when I first joined. I joined to learn more about prepping. I then found myself caught up in the religious section debating everything from which Bible version is the best to a Pasta Monster of some sort. I tried to back away and return to the survivalist topics but they had all but died so I went back to the religious and political boards.

I probably got a bit disenchanted when I tried everything I could to create a local group within my general community and only a couple showed any interest. 5.7mm, Nightwing, and I got together one time for some target shooting and all went flat after that. Nightwing, myself, a new member Double A-ron, and another guy who's a survivalist but not a member of this board are starting our own chat in a different sort of arena. We're planning on getting together and really making some hard core plans. That's what this is about to me in the long run.

The nitpicking and bickering is just a way to pass some time. I come from a family of 7 brothers and sisters so bickering comes really naturally for me :). I agree though, I really wish there was some new and interesting survival topics in the making.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If only that could be the case. All indications point to leftist liberals being on this forum, who are inciters,flamers, and trolls for the Obama campaign...
Personally, I am sick of their crap on this forum...we really have much more important issues to discuss than him.
Now Now no politics please:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Didn't we all come here for info. Everyone has their own opinion and I'm fine with that. I enjoy coming to this site every day to LEARN something that I might have not thought of. I hope to tell everyone on here something that will save their life someday. I'm not a smartass. I just want to learn and help if I have the proper knowledge.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Theres only 10 threads in wilderness Skills,funny that don't you think for a survivalist forum.?

Not many post in recipes,theres only 2 pages.?

5 threads in hunting and trapping? No hunters or trappers here who could post some info and pics.?

None in primative skills?there must be some one on this whole forum that has some knowledge in these skills?

Maybe we could work on getting some info in these areas instead of arguing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Let's bring this back to survival

I believe one of the problems is that the newness of the actual topic of survivalism has worn off for a lot of us. I had no idea that there was a religious section or a political section when I first joined. I joined to learn more about prepping. I then found myself caught up in the religious section debating everything from which Bible version is the best to a Pasta Monster of some sort. I tried to back away and return to the survivalist topics but they had all but died so I went back to the religious and political boards.

I probably got a bit disenchanted when I tried everything I could to create a local group within my general community and only a couple showed any interest. 5.7mm, Nightwing, and I got together one time for some target shooting and all went flat after that. Nightwing, myself, a new member Double A-ron, and another guy who's a survivalist but not a member of this board are starting our own chat in a different sort of arena. We're planning on getting together and really making some hard core plans. That's what this is about to me in the long run.

The nitpicking and bickering is just a way to pass some time. I come from a family of 7 brothers and sisters so bickering comes really naturally for me :). I agree though, I really wish there was some new and interesting survival topics in the making.
I agree with you. I feel everyone knows where thay stand. We don't need anyones opinion. That's where all the fighting comes from. From now own I will say, Don't force your opinion on me and I will do the same.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
None in primative skills?ther must be some one on this whole forum that has some knowledge in these skills?
I've been doing my best in there mate, thats one of my favorite sections

Edit: I mean the recipe section.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am going to try not to get involved in any political or religious arguments.I just had to stop myself a minute ago from commenting in a religious post.I really believe that some people come here just to stir up trouble and its hard for me not to reply to some of their insane posts, but maybe if we quit taking the bait they will go away and we can get back to more survival related topics.

·
Earthwalker.
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to try not to get involved in any political or religious arguments.I just had to stop myself a minute ago from commenting in a religious post.I really believe that some people come here just to stir up trouble and its hard for me not to reply to some of their insane posts, but maybe if we quit taking the bait they will go away and we can get back to more survival related topics.
maybe if we quit taking the bait they will go away :thumb:Exactly my friend.:thumb:

They can all go and :juggle::rofl::rofl:

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Not many post in recipes,theres only 2 pages.?

None in primative skills?there must be some one on this whole forum that has some knowledge in these skills?
Recipes? They're my secret. And if they aren't my secret, they are someone else's recipe. Haha. But seriously, I don't use recipes. I tend to do things from my head.

Primative skills? Well, I've got some but not what we are looking for on here. Those are more left for the privacy of my own home if you know what I mean. :thumb:

I'm working on my own deoderant. Once I get that together, I will be posting that. Trying to work with the least amount of ingredients for optimal results and ease for others who wish to make their own. Testing on myself so some days I come out a little....ripe :D:

I'm working on some other things as well. Won't post those until they are ready either.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that two subjects as important as politics and religion are the two most avoided subjects on earth? I am of the opinion that if more people would argue with an open mind that the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quit taking their bait

I could have said that earlier but you would have not got as pissed. Please don't give them what they want. This site is about survival. I need good fiends when it comes to that. It's not about me. It's about US. Not the USA.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Who do you think could skin a moose with the file on a pair of fingernail clipers faster, Palin or obama? Oppps, i almost did it...
I ignore the crap i dont want to read. It's not hard to do.
A lot of the topics do have to do with future survival. For instance, if obama wins, how do we make our own arrowheads as all ammo will be outlawed?

I hope to do some winter camping posts once winter gets here...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts