Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No kneeling, no armbands, no raised fists, no gestures, no political messages.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/olympic-athletes-political-statement-ban-2020-tokyo

Officials unveiled strict rules governing athlete behavior in the form of Rule 50 of the Olympic Charter. The rule states that “no kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.”
Hey, I might actually watch this time. :thumb:

The rule clarification came months after two U.S. athletes, fencer Race Imboden and hammer thrower Gwen Berry, staged protests while on the medal podium at the Pan-American Games in Leru. Imboden took a knee on the medal stand to protest social and political injustice, mirroring similar protests by former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players in recent years.
That figures. ****ers should be banned for life and stripped of their medals.

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meghan Rapinhoe not happy about this. Says she won't be silenced. When NBC sees how quickly revenues decline due to lack of viewership........
There are probably a lot of people who would like to silence her. And not in a nice way.

·
Over and Out
3,307 Posts
..'Rapin' ho'?? How very unfortunately yet poetically ironic... :D:

..Ever notice how the more loony the Lefty Zommie / demonrats seem to be.. the more 'close to something ironically memable' their Last name is? ie: I don't even need to 'translate' who is Actually being referenced when typing: Buttplug, MadMaxine, Fauxcahontas, Ocassional-Cortex, Swallowswell, Gropin, O'dork, Shiff-for-Brains, Frankenstein, Skeletora, Klantons, Northfistram, et al, amirite? :thumb:

jd

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wonder if they will expel him/her/it when him/her/it breaks that rule in the first 20 minutes of the Olympics?
Well, they kicked the Russians out for doping. (designated bad guys?)

Look for rappin' ho to play the ***** card. Look for the IOC to fold. Gutless wonders.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
29,794 Posts
I keep my mouth shut at work.

Can't be working on triple retirement unemployed.

of course ymmv
Is it work? Olympic athletes don't get paid. They earn their spot representing their country through competitive achievement.

But even if that weren't the case(I could be wrong), if you were given an opportunity to represent your country and a moment on the world stage to say what was on your mind, would YOU stay silent just because some 'authority' told you to?

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On October 17, 1968, Olympic gold medalist Tommie Smith and bronze medalist John Carlos are forced to return their awards because they raised their fists in a black-power salute during the medal ceremony. In a press conference the next day, International Olympic Committee President Avery Brundage deplored the athletes’ “outrageous stance”—it repudiated, he said, “the basic principles of the Olympic games.” The AP photograph of the ceremony is one of the most familiar and enduring images of a tumultuous era.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/olympic-protestors-stripped-of-their-medals

People in the crowd booed and cursed at the athletes. The IOC convened the next day and determined that Smith and Carlos would have to forfeit their medals and leave the Olympic Village—and Mexico—immediately. Brundage even threatened to boot the entire American team as punishment.
Even after the athletes had been disciplined, the backlash continued. Newspapers compared the men to Nazis—Brett Musburger, a sportscaster for ABC, called them “black-skinned storm troopers.” Time called their act “nasty” and “ugly.” His “un-American activities” got Smith discharged from the Army, and someone threw a rock through a plate-glass window at his baby’s crib. The two men received death threats for years.
Perhaps rapin' ho thinks he/she/it is immune.

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
Lag, that was 1968. 52 years ago. Times have changed. Men can call themselves transgender and wrestle women. Lesbians use their lesbianism as shield so they can say and make outrageous statements. A 3rd rate quarterback is making many millions more via endorsements than he ever would as a player because of his "stance" on questionable social injustices. The inmates truly run the asylum now.

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lag, that was 1968. 52 years ago. Times have changed. Men can call themselves transgender and wrestle women. Lesbians use their lesbianism as shield so they can say and make outrageous statements. A 3rd rate quarterback is making many millions more via endorsements than he ever would as a player because of his "stance" on questionable social injustices. The inmates truly run the asylum now.
You are absolutely right. Whatever was I thinking. I miss 1968.

·
Banned
10,320 Posts
CAW!

Is it work? Olympic athletes don't get paid. They earn their spot representing their country through competitive achievement.

But even if that weren't the case(I could be wrong), if you were given an opportunity to represent your country and a moment on the world stage to say what was on your mind, would YOU stay silent just because some 'authority' told you to?
They medal, they'll get paid.

I'm not a krappernick so yup, wont be making a fool of my cause.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts