Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my almost 60 yrs on the earth , every town around would decorate their town squares with chrismas/holiday lights .
A few years ago they made the church in town get rid of the manger scene they put out in front of the church every year . This year , they did not decorate the town square with christmas lights .
A couple of towns away from me , they wouldn't allow the local fire station to put a cross on top of the firehouse like they've done for many years .
Welcome to the new , liberal , politicly correct , anti religion , anti christian America .

·
Registered
638 Posts
How can they make a church get rid of a Nativity scene? It is private property. Will they tell private citizens that they cannot have Nativity scenes? Try and make me take mine down.

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
opposite here too, all main streets are lighted, and nativity scenes in several windows and on my front porch.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and your town.

In my small north Georgia town 30 miles NW of Atlanta we have the entire 19th-century railroad town bedecked in White lights (outlining all shops and buildings), a 40-foot-tall fully decorated live Christmas tree, Nativity scene, evergreen swags on all of the fences, etc.

All of this is on public, town land. And no complaints.

In my almost 60 yrs on the earth , every town around would decorate their town squares with chrismas/holiday lights .
A few years ago they made the church in town get rid of the manger scene they put out in front of the church every year . This year , they did not decorate the town square with christmas lights .
A couple of towns away from me , they wouldn't allow the local fire station to put a cross on top of the firehouse like they've done for many years .
Welcome to the new , liberal , politicly correct , anti religion , anti christian America .

·
Christian
39,501 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and your town.

In my small north Georgia town 30 miles NW of Atlanta we have the entire 19th-century railroad town bedecked in White lights (outlining all shops and buildings), a 40-foot-tall fully decorated live Christmas tree, Nativity scene, evergreen swags on all of the fences, etc.

All of this is on public, town land. And no complaints.
its almost like complaining that the sky is too blue. Lights are beautiful, and some just dont want anyone else in America to enjoy themselfs.

Reactions: Pixelguy

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,047 Posts
Hah! The neigbors on our left told the wife yesterday that they love living next to us b/c we decorate for all holidays. Made me proud of her for making me do all that stuff.

·
Adaptable.
1,979 Posts
My dumb ass town (well, the city I live closest too) put up cardboard gold pears. Looks ridiculous.

But seriously, in this economy, I'm glad they aren;t paying an extravagant electric bill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts