Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
Uh...thanks for the bread making lesson. :rolleyes:
Oh...you wanted a bread making lesson? Is that what that was?

Thanks for not understanding my point. I MAKE the biscuit and tortilla dough and I PRESS the tortillas myself. :rolleyes:

Depends on how you define "bug out" too. How exactly is that No knead, no electric, bugout pizza dough recipe different from normal every day pizza dough?

Seriously....the only difference from my usual dough is, I use a bit of oil. Stir wet by hand, and call it good until I use it. No kneading, no electric, though I did a LOT of that in the Italian restaurant where I worked.

If I bug out, yeast is probably not coming with me. Maybe sourdough if I ever set up in one location, so I have a moment to get things going. So that recipe won't work for my situation.

I guess if you have a fully stocked BOL, you could have all the amenities, like yeast, and the time to wait 18 hours to use it.
But we don't all do it that way.

So my bugout "bread" will generally be unleavened and nearly instant, and my NON-bugout pizza dough will be about the same as that one.

Now...would you LIKE a "bread making lesson" on the simplest breads on earth, or are we good?

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Oh...you wanted a bread making lesson? Is that what that was?

Thanks for not understanding my point. I MAKE the biscuit and tortilla dough and I PRESS the tortillas myself. :rolleyes:

Depends on how you define "bug out" too. How exactly is that No knead, no electric, bugout pizza dough recipe different from normal every day pizza dough?

Seriously....the only difference from my usual dough is, I use a bit of oil. Stir wet by hand, and call it good until I use it. No kneading, no electric, though I did a LOT of that in the Italian restaurant where I worked.

If I bug out, yeast is probably not coming with me. Maybe sourdough if I ever set up in one location, so I have a moment to get things going. So that recipe won't work for my situation.

I guess if you have a fully stocked BOL, you could have all the amenities, like yeast, and the time to wait 18 hours to use it.
But we don't all do it that way.

So my bugout "bread" will generally be unleavened and nearly instant, and my NON-bugout pizza dough will be about the same as that one.

Now...would you LIKE a "bread making lesson" on the simplest breads on earth, or are we good?
Yep, I posted about sourdough earlier today. We realized it's simply smart for homesteading and smart for survival. After all, yeast may be hard to come by.

In fact my wife's plan, among many others, is to start a fresh batch of sourdough starter tomorrow. We have lots of yeast, but we have time right now and sourdough is the perfect choice to not use up our yeast.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somebody wants to argue that quick bread is better than yeast bread, but with a snarky and ugly attitude.

Somebody else wants to argue that their fermented bread is better than your yeasted bread.

And somebody else wants to argue that there shouldn't be pizza if you're bugging out.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Somebody wants to argue that quick bread is better than yeast bread, but with a snarky and ugly attitude.

Somebody else wants to argue that their fermented bread is better than your yeasted bread.

And somebody else wants to argue that there shouldn't be pizza if you're bugging out.
I think you want to argue.
Everyone else simply commented.
If I have time to set up an oven, I can knead some dough while it preheats.
:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
If your buggin out, how are you going to haul all your preps with you? What are you haulin them with? You gotta a fleet of semis or what? How you gonna cook this while your out in da bush without attracting attention to yourself??
Buggin out is the biggest a$$ joke I've ever heard of, along with the people that practice it! Good Luck in life woozy!

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your buggin out, how are you going to haul all your preps with you? What are you haulin them with? You gotta a fleet of semis or what? How you gonna cook this while your out in da bush without attracting attention to yourself??
Buggin out is the biggest a$$ joke I've ever heard of, along with the people that practice it! Good Luck in life woozy!
Bugging out doesn't mean leaving your home. It means checking out from contact with society.

Try to learn the vernacular.

·
Cynical Thinker
926 Posts
A no knead, no electric, easy to make pizza dough recipe.

Discusses how All Purpose vs Bakers flour produces different results.

The slight Irish accent discussing pizza making is like watching a Brit discussing American politics. Culture appropriation exposed!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts