Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The cashless society is a trend we will have to keep a close eye on into the future. With the use of cash, the Gubmit has no way to track our every transaction, which would be a great loss of our freedom if we are required to use only electronic means.

·
Super Moderator
65,863 Posts
I figure the stores forced to accept cash will figure a way to add a surcharge to cash sales, like I've seen applied to cards in the past. Faced with that, most folks will reach for their card and the same effect will have been achieved.

·
regular
647 Posts
With the use of cash, the Gubmit has no way to track our every transaction, which would be a great loss of our freedom if we are required to use only electronic means.

With coins, yes.

Bills/FRN's, have a unique, trackable serial number on each one. In addition, we track ourselves. Hit up duckduckgo and search "Where's George".

·
That'll be the day...
3,269 Posts
Want to really mess with them try using as many $2 bills, dollar coins and fifty cent pieces as you can.

hahahahahhahahaha

Yeah.... Dollar Coins.

I love carrying Dollar Coins and it is hilarious when I pay with them 50% of the time. Most clerks think they are "Monopoly Money", and won't accept them initially. Last convenience store I was in, was remote... and they had to Google search the coin before they would accept them.

·
Registered
14,889 Posts
hahahahahhahahaha

Yeah.... Dollar Coins.

I love carrying Dollar Coins and it is hilarious when I pay with them 50% of the time. Most clerks think they are "Monopoly Money", and won't accept them initially. Last convenience store I was in, was remote... and they had to Google search the coin before they would accept them.

Yes I know. I use them. Sometimes they are a lot of trouble to get. I am thinking of changing banks to one more cooperative.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I too am against us becoming a cashless society.

With that said, in late summer, both grocery stores and some other places in my town had signs up no change, no cash back or no cash payment unless you have exact change. The grocery store bookkeeper was running a checkout lane and I asked her why they went cashless, and she told me, "I don't know what is going on, the money truck hasn't been here in three weeks, we don't have any money". This is a major grocery store chain.

At this moment, other than signs asking for change, it seems to be back to normal.

·
Possum Lover
15,311 Posts
I handle many, many $1 bills, I haven't seen a "Where's George" in years.

·
Registered
12,483 Posts
I think that cities resent the fact yard sales and swap meets do not collect taxes with these private transactions and that really bothers them.

·
Possum Lover
15,311 Posts
I have to pay sales tax tonight - well, I have until midnight tomorrow.

A little story about sales tax. My husband paid his sales tax faithfully for a couple of years before his accident. He is in a work program and his supervisor shut down the business as Ron would have a long recovery.

He swore he had "taken care of" sales tax, I had wanted to call them and explain our situation but he was afraid that would "put us out of business" and he wanted the business to remain "open" on the rolls.

So the inevitable happened they thought we were defaulting on our sales tax and froze the business and personal accounts. I had to call, explain, and fax them some medical bills to prove my story. It was a huge nightmare, they put the lien on, took it off, put it on again - his credit is destroyed as that sort of thing does not go away.

We are diligent about paying our sales tax now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts