Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Survival Instructor
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List any primitive traps that you guys know that are extremely simple and quick to construct. The No carve method is a little different than the typical method and requires no knife and no notch carving. I like to use this specific trap as the first type of traps that I put up on something like a knife only course. You could easily set 20 or more of these in a day and it will produce better yields because of its sensitivity and versatility. Check out the video below and post any ideas you have! Thanks

·
CTP
1,715 Posts
That looks great. I would like to see a closer up view of how the trigger stick and the little stick with the string are setup and deployed to make the trigger mechanism (sp). Not too clear on what he did to wrap the string around the main stick etc.

·
Survival Instructor
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rope attaches to the lever bar and make sure knots are pointing in direction of tension. Tie other end of the rope to a short stick that is pencil thick and about 1.5" long. It only makes one wrap around the front of the Y bar and then the tension rests with trigger stick. The toggle pushes into the trigger stick and the trigger stick bites into the deadfall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts