Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,114 Posts
I think we've known this for some time, as some of "the recovered" got sick again. Many subsequently died. Off topic a bit, but the recovered seem to have lasting (if not permanent) physical and neurological damage.

There is nothing good about catching this virus. Intentionally doing so, as many of today's young are doing, is probably not be helpful in any way.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,233 Posts
That makes it one of the ideal bioweapons to reduce the world population. Nonetheless, some people will likely develop immunity to specific stains. This is a mutating virus. There are now at least three different strains, which means you would have to catch and survive all three before you acquire total immunity -- if that is even possible. By that time, there could possibly be dozens of different strains.

Although the Chinese deny it, it appears that they are in the midst of a second wave that's re-infecting the population.

There is a theory that the Chinese specifically developed the virus to reduce their own population, which given the recent prosperity and growth, is unsustainable. Better to cull off a percentage of the population, rather than watch everyone starve.

There is nothing good about catching this virus. Intentionally doing so, as many of today's young are doing, is probably not be helpful in any way.
Young people have a habit of learning things the hard way because they are so much smarter than everyone who has actual experience. :D:

·
Premium Member
4,508 Posts
Here is another, better article, that stands for the propsition that there will be aquired immunity, but not for sure

Covid-19: SARS-CoV-2, We’re Just Getting to Know You
Posted by Physicians Weekly | Apr 16, 2020

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/covid-19-sars-cov-2-were-just-getting-to-know-you-2/

Why post crap and start misleading threads ?????

The best we can say is that we do not know for sure if there is aquired immunity

·
Will hunt for food!
617 Posts
I read an article yesterday about people in S. Korea getting reinfected. First article said they had people that were sick again and the second said people were just testing positive again. They were saying that they thought the tests were showing lingering viruses from the initial infection.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
There is acquired immunity. However no one knows how long it lasts, nor how many in the population produce worthwhile antibodies.

Mind, I’m just whipping this out of thin air ATM, simply due to studies being conducted using convalescent donor plasma in severely ill patients (near death).

Plus no one knows if there is immunity as mentioned above, if such crosses over mutations.

Novel virus.

·
SBs Resident Non Prepper
7,136 Posts
Omg.....not another Internet story with links to a story that has more holes in it than the Swiss cheese I just put on my sandwich

·
Awesome
16,786 Posts
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point. It says there's no evidence that you do acquire immunity, nowhere does it say that you don't. And the reason MSM and organizations like the WHO say bull**** like that is because people will imply they're saying something much more dire and panic worthy than what they really are.

This is fake news.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Believe both my wife and I had this back in Dec. …..kept being tested for the flu and always came back (-) ….then one of my boys just had it for 2 weeks and was + for COVID....same symptoms just that back in Dec. the Doc had no clue what it was.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If CV weakens you every time you get it, then the young people that scoff at it will eventually be in trouble. CV sounds more like poison you inhale and you can continually be poisoned by it.

I heard on PBS news (I think) they are worried up to 10 million in Africans may get CV in the future.

Now all we need to hear is the animals, birds and insects have it and can spread it.

·
Awesome
16,786 Posts
Believe both my wife and I had this back in Dec. …..kept being tested for the flu and always came back (-) ….then one of my boys just had it for 2 weeks and was + for COVID....same symptoms just that back in Dec. the Doc had no clue what it was.
It's possible under those circumstances. I think Commie Cough was here well before it became popular, and that a very substantial amount of the population already had it, and that further explains this illusion that it's spreading at some ridiculously high rate. Testing is increasing at a high rate, and a lot of people still have it going around is all, nothing out of the ordinary. Which also means the country functioned just fine without lockdowns, distancing, and putting 20 million out of work.

·
Banned
726 Posts
The article, if you take the time to read it
Says it "may" or "might" be that there is no aquired immunity
What the article does not say is that as a matter of fact, there is no aquired immunity
That is what I got from the article as well. That they are not saying people don't have extra resistance from the antibodies, they are just saying they don't know the degree of which that resistance may exist. The assumption that you get it once and are then immune can be very dangerous.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think we've known this for some time, as some of "the recovered" got sick again. Many subsequently died. Off topic a bit, but the recovered seem to have lasting (if not permanent) physical and neurological damage.

It seems that only those hospitalized with pneumonia suffer lasting damage to the lungs. The neurological symptoms such as loss of smell seem to go away after some time. At least that's what scientists believe at this point in time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The article, if you take the time to read it
Says it "may" or "might" be that there is no aquired immunity
What the article does not say is that as a matter of fact, there is no aquired immunity

Why make things up ?????
Thread = fail
Because he doesn't support Trump and wants to say all this is Trump's fault?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Many of us in the medical profession feel that the virus has been around in China for a considerable length of time--at least months--perhaps longer. My son in law had all of the symptoms the end of January. He works closely with S. Koreans who travel back and forth to Korea.

The nasal swab test has at least a 25% false negative response. It is positive in most for only about 15 days or less. However there are chronic carriers. The stool sample becomes positive in about the 5 day, and lasts for at least 21 days. Again there can be some who may be carriers.

The second article by JackSwilling is a reasonable article, and notes what we don't know. Most likely most people will have immunity for at least some time. You have to differentiate between the IGG level which starts to rise during the febrile response period, and peaks about at 15 days. The IGM levels start to rise about the 14th day and peak about the 22 day, but should persist--and we hope will confer some immunity.

Again--a lot we don't know--but there are a lot of very good scientists working on this. Time will tell. Agree the first article cited is a very poorly written article, and does not say that there is no immunity---basically we don't know yet.

Be safe--wear a mask, distance, when in public, and practice good hygiene.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts