Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone receive a "random" call from the NJ dept if health asking questions for a CDC survey?

Questions ranged from yearly income, exercise a week, health history, doctors visits, flu shots, HIV test history, household residents , veggie intakes....etc

A lot of basic questions, but some strange ones mixed in...

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
That could be part of the scam ?

Call the CDC and ask ?

Tape the next call if it comes ?

Go on your local PD web site and check their phone scam section ?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Had a guy show up on my door step, he said he was licensed by the town to sell emergency 911 light bulbs that you can make flash in your porch light. After a few questions he admitted he just had a city permit to go door to door. Many retirees in my neighborhood bought one thinking it was sanctioned by the city. I notified the city and a notice was put in the local newspaper that the city was not affiliated with the sellers.

After you do the survey, you just gave them consent to contact you, whoever they are. That is how they get in the door to pester you. If you start to get calls, emails, cell calls, etc, you will have your answer. I don't give out my cell # but I had to call Comcast with it. I talked to them this week and they had my cell # as the primary # on the account now.

Oh, and now you see flashing porch lights and feel obligated to check in on them to make sure they are ok. In-laws bought one. :upsidedown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts