Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know it is a longshot but I was thinking about finding an assault type rifle. I am a NJ resident so therefore (from what i can tell) I am limited to two. Colt Match Target and the new Style M1A i believe any NJ residents here that can help me with what they have in regards to a semi-auto "assault type" firearm in NJ.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
From "Coopers Commentaries"

http://dvc.org.uk/jeff/

This is the centennial of the great Model 94 Winchester, one of the outstanding artifacts of modern times. It is unsound to make the claim that any one instrument "won the West," but the 94 was the mainstay of the wilderness during the early years of the twentieth century, and in the days of my youth it was a rare household that did not contain one. This excellent weapon is still with us today, and rendering good service wherever it is found. It you do not own one, you should get one, and not only for the sake of sentiment. If the public scene turns nasty, as some say it may, you will be far better off with an M94 in 30-30 than you will be with an SKS, AK47, or an M16.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Your best bet is a M1 Garand, SKS, or Saiga rifle. I believe you can get 15 round magazines for the Saiga. As fare as I know NJ has a 15 round magazine limit. Like the above poster said, nothing wrong with a good lever action. You can be well armed with one.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
X3 on the levergun. If money or public image a problem then a levergun can be found cheap and it will do if you will do. The AR's and M1A's are goning to be like buying gold and for the same money on can buy the rifle, acase of ammo and other prep items for the family.

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are not limited to two. You can have 10 if you wish.
There are some guidelines to follow such as:
no folding/adjustable stock
nothing over 15 rnds
no "flashhider", compensators only. (I think they must be non-removable too.)
There might be a couple more, but this is all I remember.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Move out of New Jersey.

I left 25 years ago and recently got an "reunion invitation" to be held along the riverside in CAMDEN (Rutgers)... the second highest ranking city for violent crime.

My suggestion; move to Maine, go to any gun shop, fill out white sheet, buy any damn thing you want and leave in less than 20 minutes.

To my knowledge you can be visiting maine and buy any damned thing you want so long as you have photo ID; nobody cares where you live and there is no unconstitutional gun registration here.

My cousins come to visit and see ad's in Uncle Henry's (a weekly buy it swap it classifieds booklet full of everything from atvs, car, woodstoves) and can't beleive you can make a phone call to a stranger, show up with cash and shoot your newly "no paperwork needed AK at the nearest gravel pit.

Sorry, but there is no good reason to live in jersey except the Italian Hoagie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts