Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the 3-9X40 Nikon prostaff rifle scope?

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This scope will not fit my 280. The forward scope mount hits the forward cone of the scope.

What do I do now? The scope mount is turned around so its at its shortest length. I am thinking of taking it back and getting a longer scope.

Maybe this scope fits shorter actions, like a 223, 243 or 308? The 280 is in the same class as the 270 & 30-06.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Kev, never had that problem, but if you like the scope, you might check w/the manufacturer or a gun shop to see if there is a different type of mount you could use.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have one on my Savage .270. I had to turn one mount forward and one mount backward to make it fit. I also used high rise mounts, not sure why, I just like them, feels better. I love the scope, of course I have cheaper simmons on the rest of my rifles.

tbull:cool:

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kev, never had that problem, but if you like the scope, you might check w/the manufacturer or a gun shop to see if there is a different type of mount you could use.
The only store here that sells gun parts on the weekend is wal-mart. I checked there and all they have is the same mounts I have already.

I returned the scope and got a longer model. The new scope fits good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts