Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
They need to start mylar bagging long term preps.

Did you guys see those shelves? Those aren't cheap.

Reactions: MrsJacks

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
That is an adorable couple. It's great to see couples working together.

4 years and they are still doing it. They have withstood the test of time, and survived prepper burn out.

Reactions: Still here.

·
High-Strung
840 Posts
Watch that peanut butter!!!

That apple sauce needs to be thrown out. Bet the hand sanitizer is expired or will soon. I just went through my school supply stash and found a lot of hand sanitizer that I bought during that scare not long ago, and it is expired. I think I will hold on to it though. It is mostly alcohol, so unless we start getting breakouts on our skin, I will hold on to it.

The pasta side dishes will be fine long after expiration. I recently opened up a beef flavored noodles a couple of years after the expiration date and it was great.

Other than that, love their basement and envy their storage.

·
I deal in lead
293 Posts
use mylar bags for long term. Stop wasting money on chemicals like laundry detergent...make your own. Soda??!! Shouldnt be drinking that in the first place. More water

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Impressive. The only problem is the fact that bugs and vermits can often get in the food stored in paper or plastic bags. (One small mouse did a lot of damage to mine, lucky my cat caught it.) Those selving units are great and the prices are only slightly higher than the cheap kinds depending on where you buy them. I get mine at Walmart. For those of you who hate Walmart, that's the only place I can buy most things without driving 100 miles instead one mile.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,959 Posts
The amounts are impressive, but it sure looks like they don't know very much about food storage, to say nothing of long-term food storage.

Reactions: Pangea and MikeK

·
Head for the Hills!
340 Posts
The were asked (in the comments on youTube) how they could afford all that. The reply was that they developed a software company that makes a half billion (yeah, a "B") a year and that they are "well compensated".

BTW, to a previous poster, she said they do make their own detergent. My guess is they store it in those Tide bottles.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,534 Posts
Great setup! I sure hope they rotate that stuff hard though. I saw a lot of stuff just sitting in it's factory packaging, and other stuff not known for a long shelf life. Unless they're rotating like mad, they're sure going to encounter a lot of rancid and useless products when they need it. Someone needs to teach them about mylar and O2 absorbers.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
They local Sams club must love these two! Nice larder but I see a ton of short-term items that just won't last. However as smart as they are I'm sure they will refine thier storage procedure in time. Nice sounding couple. Wish them the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like your on the ball. I wish I was half as prepared. This video has opened my family and my eyes to work harder to get our emergency supplies in order. Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts