Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
It's gonna suck for all the cretins who never went to school and loathed the educated.
MBA's and PHD's are running Mcdonalds....yeah that'll work. YOu don't get it....for every job , there's 10 folks applying....to one , there's work...to the other 9 , there isn't....it's as simple as that.......BTw I watched Scrooge....are ther no poor houses? Are there no work houses? We have a surplus population! Obamination is Scrooge!

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Sucks for the ones with degrees as well John. As long as partisan politics (both LIBERAL and CONSERVATIVE) rule the roost in Washington, it doesn't matter what level of education you have, it's gonna suck for the common man.
it will always suck less for the people with marketable skills.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
MBA's and PHD's are running Mcdonalds....yeah that'll work. YOu don't get it....for every job , there's 10 folks applying....to one , there's work...to the other 9 , there isn't....it's as simple as that.......BTw I watched Scrooge....are ther no poor houses? Are there no work houses? We have a surplus population! Obamination is Scrooge!
Let me get this straight, you're comparing Obama who emphasizes spending on health care and education to Charles Dickens era england? (which was 100 percent capitalist). That makes no sense at all really.

BTW owning or managing a Mcdonald's is honest work and better than unskilled labor.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
It's gonna suck for all the cretins who never went to school and loathed the educated.
Just curious what your definition of "uneducated" is.

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
A college degree is useless in today's job market

Unless you're going to be a Dr, lawyer, nurse, teacher, then forget it.

Most of my friends who have college degrees are underemployed. They work at bars, restaurants, and liquor stores.

One of them is working the same job he did in high school.

You're best shot of becoming a skilled worker is to learn a trade (welder, plumber, hvac technician, electrician)

Going tens of thousands in debt to get a piece of paper with your name on it makes no sense.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
It's going to be bad for the middle class, good for the lower class, and as always great for the upper class...
It should be pretty good for the technocrats and the degreed or skilled.

The middle class did themselves in pretty much starting in the reagan years.

Mr Reagan and the big companies sold you out.

Amazon.com: What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America (9780805073393): Thomas Frank: Books

The largely blue collar citizens of Kansas can be counted upon to be a "red" state in any election, voting solidly Republican and possessing a deep animosity toward the left. This, according to author Thomas Frank, is a pretty self-defeating phenomenon, given that the policies of the Republican Party benefit the wealthy and powerful at the great expense of the average worker. According to Frank, the conservative establishment has tricked Kansans, playing up the emotional touchstones of conservatism and perpetuating a sense of a vast liberal empire out to crush traditional values while barely ever discussing the Republicans' actual economic policies and what they mean to the working class. Thus the pro-life Kansas factory worker who listens to Rush Limbaugh will repeatedly vote for the party that is less likely to protect his safety, less likely to protect his job, and less likely to benefit him economically. To much of America, Kansas is an abstract, "where Dorothy wants to return. Where Superman grew up." But Frank, a native Kansan, separates reality from myth in What's the Matter with Kansas and tells the state's socio-political history from its early days as a hotbed of leftist activism to a state so entrenched in conservatism that the only political division remaining is between the moderate and more-extreme right wings of the same party. Frank, the founding editor of The Baffler and a contributor to Harper's and The Nation, knows the state and its people. He even includes his own history as a young conservative idealist turned disenchanted college Republican, and his first-hand experience, combined with a sharp wit and thorough reasoning, makes his book more credible than the elites of either the left and right who claim to understand Kansas. --John Moe

What we're looking at ahead of this is price the middle class will pay for their own ignorance.

·
old hand
7,441 Posts
A college degree is useless in today's job market

<edit>

Going tens of thousands in debt to get a piece of paper with your name on it makes no sense.
... looking for the 'dumb post' button ....

I think they said the same thing about a high school diploma just a few decades ago.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What sold me out was I went into engineering instead of being a business major. I went to college based on my lifetime interest instead of money. In my area there's just isn't much need to technicians. Never has been, never will be.

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
Yea, if you just graduated from college with a degree in liberal arts, pyschology, criminal justice, business, art history.

Employers are going to be lining up ready to hire them.

You're lucky if you can get a job at sports authority...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey FXjohn, were you born a prick or just practice at it alot? LMAO!!!! Your arrogance makes me laugh, just because of the way you try to put things, and put yourself up on a pedistal. You sound like a boot licker to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Yea, if you just graduated from college with a degree in liberal arts, pyschology, criminal justice, business, art history.

Employers are going to be lining up ready to hire them.

You're lucky if you can get a job at sports authority...
Degrees in liberal arts aren't money degrees.

A smart person would have gotten a PHD in mechanical science, molecular biology, IT, Finance or something else. You mentioned chump degrees.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts