1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Red White and Blue
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Event: Zombie Apocalypse
Strategy: Clean the place up.
Look, you don't call something a "Gladiator" unless it has those sorts of ambitions. Consider the new Jeep pickup's standard equipment (in Rubicon guise): Fox shocks, skid plates, beefy Dana 44 axles, locking front and rear differentials, and rock rails. The Jeep is big but not too big, and its off-road capability and toughness are assets to leverage when you'll be mowing down the undead and clambering around off the grid trying to evade spawning sites—um, we mean, former population centers.

cutesy but interesting
I had never heard of a 'Sherp'
Wheel Tire Vehicle Toy Automotive tire

·
Registered
142 Posts

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Event: Zombie Apocalypse
Strategy: Clean the place up.
Look, you don't call something a "Gladiator" unless it has those sorts of ambitions. Consider the new Jeep pickup's standard equipment (in Rubicon guise): Fox shocks, skid plates, beefy Dana 44 axles, locking front and rear differentials, and rock rails. The Jeep is big but not too big, and its off-road capability and toughness are assets to leverage when you'll be mowing down the undead and clambering around off the grid trying to evade spawning sites—um, we mean, former population centers.

cutesy but interesting
I had never heard of a 'Sherp'
View attachment 441009
Are any of them bullet proof?
Will anything with engine management cope after a major EMP
How many are radiation proof
How many can run on really bad fuel that has been sat in gas stations tanks for a couple of years.
Will they ever need spares? Especially the hybrids.
Or does none of that matter with Hollywood thinking?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have seen a sherp several years back at a mud bog event. That thing went thru the course effortlessly. Since then the owner is not allowed to compete with the trucks anymore because it wasnt fair. He still brings it out sometimes to show off at the events.

The power company has a similar vehicle that has the hull of a boat with tracks that they use to get thru the swamps around here, i dont know the make or model though. If I see them again I’ll ask.

·
Red White and Blue
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seen a sherp several years back at a mud bog event. That thing went thru the course effortlessly. Since then the owner is not allowed to compete with the trucks anymore because it wasnt fair. He still brings it out sometimes to show off at the events.

The power company has a similar vehicle that has the hull of a boat with tracks that they use to get thru the swamps around here, i dont know the make or model though. If I see them again I’ll ask.
Water Boat Watercraft Tire Vehicle

'Marsh Master'
looks like fun, but I'd need screening where I go

·
reluctant sinner
20,455 Posts
How many guns and how much ammo is out there? Last place I want to be is in some car driving to places that have nothing to offer but free projectiles.

I'm thinking a multi-fueler little tractor with some attachments like a back hoe, post hole driller, generator, wood splitter, hydrolytic pump, air compressor, plow, grader, water pump, snow blower ....

+1 for a wood burner gasifier.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Are any of them bullet proof?
Will anything with engine management cope after a major EMP
How many are radiation proof
How many can run on really bad fuel that has been sat in gas stations tanks for a couple of years.
Will they ever need spares? Especially the hybrids.
Or does none of that matter with Hollywood thinking?
If you have a lot of fuel and you need to ensure the survival of 10 people.
two diesel generators with a capacity of 30 kW with a fuel tank with a capacity of 2400
Sleeping places for eight people, washbasin, drying cabinet for outerwear, filtration unit. Turret with a machine gun and a searchlight..
:)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tread Window

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Those are so sweet, pricey but awesome. Which does bring up another concern I have with prepping. In SHTF, at some point, you become a target for the "unprepared"; IOW those that will kill you to steal your stuff. I guess there's not much you can do about that other than evade. That's also why I'd NEVER barter ammo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts