Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Isaiah 40:31
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! I'm new to this forum, and emergency preparedness. I'm a thirty year old stay-at-home wife and mother from northwest Georgia. My husband of five years is a Marine Corps veteran. Right now I'm in the process of learning about long-term food storage and rations, so I'm eager to learn more about that. I look forward to meeting you all and learning from you :)

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Isaiah 40:31
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?
We're working on that one. My aunt and cousin are also prepping and we're collaborating on a BOL.

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?
I'm working on storing food right now. I need a grain mill and food dehydrator. I have a canner and a pressure cooker. I'm also looking for one of those LDS Provident Living food centers where you can buy the enormous bags of grain, dried beans and rice. We do have a garden. My biggest challenge is water. Living in the city limits, on municipal water, and on limited land it's hard to store water or create an alternate water source. I'm looking into rain barrels.

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?
We do have firearms and we're all well versed in firearm safety and shooting, but we don't have much knowledge on reloading our own ammo.

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
That is definitely another area I want to learn more about. I am somewhat familiar with wildcraft and edible plants, but I want to learn more about it.

·
survivalist
2,462 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from N.Ga.Lot of stuff on here to read and watch.Be sure to check out the Georgia group up in the groups section.You will find quite a few local folks too...Be sure to tell your husband thanks for his service from us.A lot of us are grateful that the men of the armed forces are looking out for the rest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts