Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Eager To Learn aka Newb
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :)

I'm a newbie to the idea of being a survivalist and hope to gain alot of good information from you people who have made this a lifestyle. I live outside of St Louis Missouri, a smaller city about 20 minutes from downtown st louis. What made me start thinking about what i would do in case of disaster really was about the time i seen the thousands of people after Katrina. I was always under the impression our good ol goverment would swoop in and take care of us , after all it seems the US takes care of the rest of the world when disaster strikes. I can understand why it takes weeks to get to the other side of the world to offer suppport , but i always thought if anything happened in our own back yard the goverment would beon top of it. At that point i started saving water. Seemed simple enough . Then when gas hit 4$ a gallon and Iran was trying to make Nukes i started to think about what would happen if something really bad went down. Or maybe not even so bad but enough to send gas to 20 a gallon , i figured then the stores would empty and riots would start. Thats about when i started to research how to survive in times of destress. After all to me its interesting to read and learn about ways to keep on keeping on so all the information i should collect - even if i never have to put it into use what harm could it do to be prepared? So here i am , i hope to become a part of this online community - i'm a newbie to the idea of survialism , is that a word?:D: But i'm not a newbie to exchanging ideas on message boards and i look forward to getting my 5 posts in , my next 4 will most likly be brief just to cover the number but i do look forward in participating ! talk with you soon i am sure !

Tommy

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community. you have some good neighbors up in St Louis. BigWillieLL66 is there in town. Look for good people and good info. Read as much as you can. Look for people like Safetyhappy. THese are the folks that will help you get through the tough times. Larry

·
Team Lauren 2010
410 Posts
I'm a member of Zombie Squad too, it is headquartered in St. Louis. They have a forum on their website as well and have a monthly meet and greet in St. Louis City. If you want to check the group out please visit www.zombiehunters.org . Sometimes they have a movie night as well. You can click on the events tab for information on what events are taking place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts