Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just signed up. I actually have sparked a huge interest in different survival techniques and primitive living skills. Only downside is that i am surround by 7 million people and not 7 million trees. I am looking to find a group that travel to destinations within the new york tristate area and perform these skills and techniques. I have very little skills. Everything i have knowledge of is from Survivorman, Dual Survival, and Man vs Wild. I want to actually prepare myself in case there is any kind of cataclysmic event in the near future (a.k.a. my lifetime). If there is such a group please email me. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
first advice move out of new york leave any problems you have with gun ownership and self defense with you. you will not be able to survive in the city and will be very unlikely to get out of the city shtf. buy yourself some books "shtf" or "teotwawki" etc

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome fellow NYer!

I am in Manhattan - same interest!

Get ready for everyone to tell you to leave NYC ASAP or you will die and be turned into a Zombie!

Edit - Damn Infntryman86 - you beat me to it!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I am sure if you look around you will find what you are looking for.Sometimes you cant see the people for the trees. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was in the Marine Corps for 4.5 years so i know i can survive through an situation. but infantry is right. cant learn how to survive in the woods in Central Park. HaHa. Im hoping to move out to the midwest because it just makes more sense to be more inland. Hopefully i move out there before shtf

·
Indefatigable
21,135 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NYer, now in OK. No, I didn't leave because everyone here told me to!LOL It takes a special breed to love NYC, most people just don't get it. Look around the internet, there are some amazing stories of survival in the city! When I lived there, (70's-80's) there was a man who had been living in Central Park for 20+years, hunting and forging. Then there are the tunnel people. Keep you eyes and mind open, the city will teach you what you need to know.
http://www.nyc24.org/2005/centralpark/people/wildman.html

·
Libertarian
2,794 Posts
Hey everyone. Just signed up. I actually have sparked a huge interest in different survival techniques and primitive living skills. Only downside is that i am surround by 7 million people and not 7 million trees. I am looking to find a group that travel to destinations within the new york tristate area and perform these skills and techniques. I have very little skills. Everything i have knowledge of is from Survivorman, Dual Survival, and Man vs Wild. I want to actually prepare myself in case there is any kind of cataclysmic event in the near future (a.k.a. my lifetime). If there is such a group please email me. [email protected]
Check out brooklynprepper on youtube. Best of luck and welcome!:) I was raised in Manhattan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts