Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I want to say thanks in advance for this forum and any help you can give me. I am just a normal guy leading a normal life here in the big city. I never thought I would ever have any use for survival type stuff. In fact I thought you kind of people were kind of nutty. I am really sorry for thinking that about you. I can see now that you are the smart ones that are looking with open eyes, and I have been the blind one. To be honest, I am frightened by what I now see happening to our country. I have decided that I can't trust government anymore. I guess I have been blind all my life. I just thought that things would continue they were and all would be well. But I can see now that the US is no different then any other country that has experienced great power and prosperity. They have all fallen and it looks like we are going to fall soon. Even an idiot can see that the boat is going down and everything the government is doing is just making it sink faster.

I know it's late in the game but I need to learn about survival fast. I have been searching around and I learned a new term, the Bug Out Bag, or kit. From what I gather this is some kind of ready to go kit that has everything you need to survive in it that you can grab at a moments notice if you need to get out of the city and live in the wild for a while. I think I need one of these right away to start. Where can I buy one? Thanks

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Welcome & BOB

Hi All,

I want to say thanks in advance for this forum and any help you can give me. I am just a normal guy leading a normal life here in the big city. I never thought I would ever have any use for survival type stuff. In fact I thought you kind of people were kind of nutty. I am really sorry for thinking that about you. I can see now that you are the smart ones that are looking with open eyes, and I have been the blind one. To be honest, I am frightened by what I now see happening to our country. I have decided that I can't trust government anymore. I guess I have been blind all my life. I just thought that things would continue they were and all would be well. But I can see now that the US is no different then any other country that has experienced great power and prosperity. They have all fallen and it looks like we are going to fall soon. Even an idiot can see that the boat is going down and everything the government is doing is just making it sink faster.

I know it's late in the game but I need to learn about survival fast. I have been searching around and I learned a new term, the Bug Out Bag, or kit. From what I gather this is some kind of ready to go kit that has everything you need to survive in it that you can grab at a moments notice if you need to get out of the city and live in the wild for a while. I think I need one of these right away to start. Where can I buy one? Thanks
Welcome John. We all had to start someplace, and just the fact that you have become aware puts you way ahead of 99% of the population.

two pieces of advice;

1) DON'T rush out and buy a bunch of stuff that you have no idea on how to use, what it does or if you even need in your personal circumstances. Take a couple of days, read through this site... check out some of the older posts, (you might want to avoid the aggravation of the political stuff) and be like a sponge... soak it in... internalize it. Start thinking about your personal preparedness plan, (it has been said before that failing to plan is planning to fail).

2) a b.o.b. is a very personalized thing... one size definitely does NOT fit all. Anybody who tells you that it does is, in my opinion, trying to sell you something. Again, read the archived posts here on B.O.B.'s, check out the "gummint" sites regarding 72 hour evacuation supplies and start building you B.O.B. from there, (you probably have a lot of the stuff you need in your home right now.

There are a lot of good and knowledgeable folks on this site willing to help. Talk to all that you can, but filter what you are told through your own common sense, (including what I have said here).

Good luck and welcome.

·
Wanderer
477 Posts
Howdy from Indiana.

Your survival gear like your Bug Out Bag or BOB is something you will need to build for you base on what you need and what your skill level is. I would recommend reading the forums here about BOBs and then go from there.

D.

·
LD Rider
17 Posts
Welcome and don't give it a second thought about thinking we were a bunch of nuts. I'm just thankful that you got wise. I feel the same as you about the way the country is going but its not just the country...its the whole world. As far as the bug out kit...its best to make your own. If you need help on what to put in it let me know.....but if all hell does break loose the most important factor is get out of the city as fast as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts