Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all! Been here in the Hotlanta area since I retired from the Army in '92 after 26 years in Military Intelligence (yes, I know that's a contradiction in terms). They were fixin' (I'm learnin' to speak Southern, but the wife still calls me a Yankee) to send me to the Sandbox, but I'd already been in one war we lost in 'Nam and figured I'd be smart to get out with only the couple extra holes I got in that one.

I enjoy shooting smokeless and blackpowder rifles, as well as a bunch of pistols and revolvers and traditional archery gear.

I've tried Mel's raised bed gardening, but now just use less dense raised beds as well as a double bucket system that I learned from a couple teen-aged boys on the web. It's the only thing keeping my tomatoes and peppers alive in this heat the year.

Working on and off, mostly the latter, as a corporate security consultant, and put my earnings into bean, bullets and Quick Clot.

Hoping to chase some hogs and deer this fall if it ever cools off.

Best of luck to all of you, and I hope to learn a bunch from your experiences.

Gray Fox

·
Www.preparedham.com
1,829 Posts
Welcome from AZ. I will be in "HotLanta" in a few weeks for a course at GT. It's hot in AZ, but I have never been brought to my knees more so than in Atlanta during the summer.

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome aboard, also from Metro Atlanta Area. I, too, am a retarded GI, MSG E-8. Been in the area since 1974. This is a great forum, lots to learn. With your background, you will be able to cull the chaff, and retain the good stuff.
Keep the mags loaded and K-bar honed.

·
survivalist
2,462 Posts
Another hello and welcome from N.Ga.Take time to look around. Also another big thanks for your time in service.Taking time to at least say thanks is a small thing that too many folks take for granted these days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts