Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Read this story click here about the extension of the current crisis and post your views. This is an interesting view on the global crisis by a european organization (LEAP 20/20).

In short the general public will become aware of three major destabilizing processes at work in the global economy, i.e.:

• the length of the crisis
• the explosion of unemployment worldwide
• the risk of sudden collapse of all capital-based pension systems

national governments and international institutions only have three months left to prepare themselves to the next blow, one that could go along severe risks of social chaos. The countries which are not properly equipped to cope with a surge in unemployment and major risks on pensions will be seriously destabilized by this new public awareness.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Please Read Now !!! Sept 2008 Economic Crash, etc.............. 22 MAR. 2008...............38 post, read 161,027 times
Also he said that our Government will crash in Feb of 2009. He said that Mexico and Canada will merge with us and that a new dollar called the Amero is going to replace the dollar. But the most scary thing is what he told me he's been doing for the past couple of years. He's been overseeing the construction of Prison Camps being built all through out America..
sh, etc... http://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...87794-please-read-now-sept-2008-economic.html

Hi all, This might be the last thing I ever post on here but I need to warn you all. I have been with LAPD for a while and have learned alot of things. One of them is to be a little more independent. Don't put 100 % faith in other humans to take care of you. And yes that means the government 2. Well because things have gotten so bad in LA (Officers being shot at up 39 % in 2007) I decided to move to Idaho. And I love it by the way. Anyway what I'm going to say might shock you or even scare you, but please understand that fear does nothing but makes things worse kinda like stress. So instead of worrying do something to fix it. Remember there's no problems only solutions. This morning I got a call from my uncle who is very high up in the military and he told me to leave the city now. I hardly ever talk to him so he was unaware that I had already left LA. But he seemed very concerned but refused to tell me why. After about 20 minutes he told me the very basics. The first thing he said was to buy as much can food and water as possible. The second was to stock up on ammo. I have already stacked up on ammo because I knew it would become very expensive later and in LA there was a 1 year wait for .223 bullets for my AR15. But I was still very confused as to why he's calling out of the blue and telling me these things. Well what he said next is something the american people aren't suppose to know. He told me that there is an actual plan as to when the economy will completely crash. As of right now he said it will happen in the middle of sept of this year. Also he said that our Government will crash in Feb of 2009. He said that Mexico and Canada will merge with us and that a new dollar called the Amero is going to replace the dollar. But the most scary thing is what he told me he's been doing for the past couple of years. He's been overseeing the construction of Prison Camps being built all through out America. He said a Private company called Haliburton is building them. He told me that 1 camp in Alaska can hold 2 million people and there's almost 1000 camps in the USA. ( not including the ones underground) He also said that these will be used when they declare Martial Law. There's some more things but I promised him I would never repeat them. But just knowing that this could even be possible makes me say to myself " why not buy an extra 20 or 30 bucks of food I can store" each time I go shopping. I had about 2 weeks worth because in California you never know when that next big earthquake can hit not to mention the last year and a half we have been training on how to handle food riots in LA.( By the way the first step in the LAPD process is to stand back and observe)

·
ROLL TIDE
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read that somewhere before... It seems to be one of those things that spreads around the net like wildfire. I believe there is probably a little truth behind it, but for the most part it is alot of unproven claims... a nice read though!

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
So ... according to MULLENITE's uncle:

1) The economy will "crash" in mid-September 2009 ...

BUT ...

2) The government will "crash" in February 2009.

This doesn't seem logical. It seems to me that with the government imploding, so will the economy at the same time, NOT 6+ months later.

I agree, our lives ARE changing and WILL change significantly in the next year. But, we have enough real and tangible events and fears based on evidence to worry about NOT a bunch of speculation. I think there is just way too much of it here on this board and it only serves to further erode American consumer confidence. The gloom and doomers are certainly fomenting more of what they appear to wish for, more turmoil and doom.

So I read everything on here ... filter it through 51 years of living and practical experience and knowledge ... further filter it through what IS known ... and then file the rest away until I need to compare it with the previously mentioned information.

There is enough to worry about and plan for as it is, worrying about what is purely speculative is dangerous in my opinion.

Perspective folks ... perspective.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
So ... according to MULLENITE's uncle:

1) The economy will "crash" in mid-September 2009 ...

BUT ...

2) The government will "crash" in February 2009.

This doesn't seem logical. It seems to me that with the government imploding, so will the economy at the same time, NOT 6+ months later.

I agree, our lives ARE changing and WILL change significantly in the next year. But, we have enough real and tangible events and fears based on evidence to worry about NOT a bunch of speculation. I think there is just way too much of it here on this board and it only serves to further erode American consumer confidence. The gloom and doomers are certainly fomenting more of what they appear to wish for, more turmoil and doom.

So I read everything on here ... filter it through 51 years of living and practical experience and knowledge ... further filter it through what IS known ... and then file the rest away until I need to compare it with the previously mentioned information.

There is enough to worry about and plan for as it is, worrying about what is purely speculative is dangerous in my opinion.

Perspective folks ... perspective.
Maybe he meant September 2008. The economy did crash last Fall. The bailouts began at that time because of the economic crash of the banks.

The government crash in February 2009- well, we shall know soon enough as that is just around the corner....

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
VCGTV, it says Sept. 2008. Why are you struggling so hard to convince people that it's not all that bad when in fact it is worse? Is it to appease your own fears? If everyone assumes the worst and they prepare accordingly, they would just be well prepared if nothing happens.

I noticed that on line and in real life (at work, for example) it's the older guys (50ish and up) that are constantly rolling their eyes and denying the severity of the situation. They snap at everyone that talks about preparing and about how bad things are.

I finally had a locker room talk with one of these older guys last Monday and I now understand why so many of them are in deep denial. What Lester (he's 56) said was that he'll cross that bridge when he comes to it. I asked him what's wrong with being prepared physically and mentally now. He replied that there is only so much insulin he can stock up. He also asked what the hell is his wife supposed to do about her hip replacement that is due in 2010 if everything comes apart?

I sat there and just looked at him. I finally understood why the old timers oppose the idea of a collapse so much. The majority of them are utterly dependent on the system and will perish when it collapses.

I felt very sad for Les and his wife but unfortunately that won't change a thing.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Read this story click here about the extension of the current crisis and post your views. This is an interesting view on the global crisis by a european organization (LEAP 20/20).

In short the general public will become aware of three major destabilizing processes at work in the global economy, i.e.:

• the length of the crisis
• the explosion of unemployment worldwide
• the risk of sudden collapse of all capital-based pension systems

national governments and international institutions only have three months left to prepare themselves to the next blow, one that could go along severe risks of social chaos. The countries which are not properly equipped to cope with a surge in unemployment and major risks on pensions will be seriously destabilized by this new public awareness.
YIKES! Thanks for sharing. Read on to see this:
we anticipate that the minimum duration of the decanting phase of the crisis is 3 years (1). It shall be finished neither in spring 2009, nor in summer 2009, nor at the beginning of 2010. It is only towards the end of 2010 that the situation will start stabilizing again and improving a little in some regions of the world, i.e. Asia and the Eurozone, as well as in countries producing energy, mineral and food commodities (2). Elsewhere, it will continue; in particular in the US and UK, and in all the countries depending on their economy, were the duration could approximate a decade. In fact these countries should not expect any real return to growth before 2018.

Food preps are not gonna hold out that long. Plant a garden today to have SOME food after preps are gone. It is becoming more and more clear each day that this is NOT going to turn around soon- we are in this misery for the long haul.

Reactions: awildchipmunk

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
DECLAN ...

He wrote his post in mid-December 2008 ... he did not wrote the year 2008. While he referred to "this year", the context of his words - to me - indicated that he was referring to 2009, not 2008.

I am not denying anything ... only what is speculative based on flimsy or no evidence. For someone who does not know me personally, you certainly seem confident that you do know all about me. Some might charitably call that "cheeky".

I believe in data, facts, metrics ... and real verifiable experience, not wishful thinking or guesses based perhaps on watching too many movies, reading too many comic books or playing too many violent video games.

I am worried about the future. I am not like your 50ish friend and denying reality. I am very much aware of reality sir. I would speculate that given my 30_ years as a journalist and television producer - and the myriad of unique life experiences that I have had via that work - I have far more first-hand observations and data to base my views on than you do at a younger age. It's simply a matter of cumulative numbers.

I have been prepping for a long time. My wife is on board with me in this. We are planning a move soon to country land away from cities for a safer and more sustainable life.

So please in future, do not speculate as to someone's thoughts, emotions and motivations until you have more facts.

Instead of sniping at one another, lets add to the cumulative database with what he know, not what we hope for or think may happen.

Much has been written lately about how some, not all but some of this economic downturn is due to consumers not buying like they used to based on fears stemming what they hear MAY happen, not actual events.

If there is any one common theme to what I write in this forum, it is that we should deal in facts, not speculate in a vacuum of valid information. The latter simply makes things worse.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Declan, one day - I hope - you too will be the other side of 50 as many of us on this board are. I hope that you will look back at your comment through the beneficial lens of those extra years of experience and learning and gain the wisdom that some of us have obtained. Most important of which is the view that nothing is new under the sun and that youthful and frenetic speculation is more harmful in the long run than mature measured reaction to what does actually happen.

I know this to be true because I was like you at your age. But I learned better in the intervening years since that time.

Fight the good fight sir and hang in there, things WILL get better. We'll all pull through this, I promise. :)

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
I think that the following post from today best reflects my perspective on this.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?p=477266&posted=1#post477266

I am a Christian. I do not try to convert any of you, merely to show what I believe in and why I fight for all of us here to deal in facts and the tangible.

I truly believe that we are going into a time when the devil will do his worst to hurt all of us. The "false prophets" the Bible speaks of, in my opinion, can also be thought of as some of the posters here who want us to believe that the world is ending now and that all hope is lost.

I am here to say that all hope is not lost. I have obtained after many years as a non-believer a kind of, shall we say, tranquil confidence that all will work out in the end. This is not based on mindless, purely emotional reactionism, but many years of considered study and thought. I am not a "sheeple", as some say here.

Mind you, I still prepare like all of you here do, but I will do my best to get ready for come-what-may and will leave the rest in His hands. :)

·
myheart'sinthehighlands
726 Posts
VCGTV,

I heartily agree with you on this, as a christian and an almost 50 ish person.
Our minister spoke last week about waiting. How no one wants to wait in their lives for anything. I believe that there are many people here that are impatient for a change to come about in our world and our government. I am one of them!
The most important thing that our minister said about waiting was that it is an opportunity to experience the growth of faith. We must wait to learn faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen. Heb. 11:1
Faith is that God will take care of us and our needs.

That being said, I do not stand idly by and expect God to drop ship me my supplies. ;) I think that all of us here feel that something is coming and we must prepare. God gives you the desire to plan ahead. Trust in GOD and have faith.:thumb:

·
Banned
4,937 Posts
Okay this was posted on March 22 of 2008

http://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...87794-please-read-now-sept-2008-economic.html

With the header...

Please Read Now !!! Sept 2008 Economic Crash, etc...

Okay we all know this part checks out.
It's unfolding at we read this.

Second main point is Febuary 2009 government collapse.
Which is next month. Hmmmmm!

Celente et al are saying something major to occur in Feb or March.
This is still unfolding.
This is nearly a year old--perhaps the info was general and not an exact time-line.

However how did somone one way back on March know accurately the scale of the meltdown in the approaching Sept?!!

As for REX camps--come try and take me!

And you should read though the thread where this was originally posted.
It end in last August 08--and they wrapped this guy in tinfoil.
What a bunch of dummies!

T

·
Green Eggs and Spam
5,071 Posts

http://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...87794-please-read-now-sept-2008-economic.html

With the header...

I think it will take longer then next month. Why? Simple! I doubt the uncle person is phsyic, I think they just have access to "real" numbers, and are good at basic math. What they didn't know, was that there was going to be TARP bailout.

I think the extra cash in system will alter the numbers that the math was based upon.

Somewhere I posted that I thought things are going to get very interesting are at the end of March. My reasoning was simple; this is about the time that several state governments start to become so broke that they simply run out of money. When services stop, in certain key geographical areas, things will definately be interesting if not a disaster.

Still, Feburary or March, even June, puts this uncles' estimate fairly close for calling it nearly a year out.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hello

hey guys, im new. How is everyone?
paranoid:

: May be our economy will just change to a local based one instead of corporate globally owned crap. heck you might even be able to buy a good local home cooked meal, and go to a local cafe with a great baker like in France or Italy!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree that the Setember 2008 part is pretty eerie. However, the thing I don't know is if that post was edited after it was posted. For example, on this site, after I post something I can go back afterwards and change it. It would be interesting to see a copy of how it appeared before September 2008.

With the header...

Celente et al are saying something major to occur in Feb or March.
This is still unfolding.
This is nearly a year old--perhaps the info was general and not an exact time-line.

However how did somone one way back on March know accurately the scale of the meltdown in the approaching Sept?!!

As for REX camps--come try and take me!

And you should read though the thread where this was originally posted.
It end in last August 08--and they wrapped this guy in tinfoil.
What a bunch of dummies!

T

1 - 20 of 24 Posts