Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Those stocks look prety good.

As you may know, any Mini-14 stock like the ATI or Tapco etc... will also fit a Mini-30.

·
I Sleep with my Boots ON!
1,302 Posts
I've had a Strike force kicking around for a couple months, my original installation I didn't care for it. So i put it back on last night with a foregrip and I like the feel now..

And original, only a couple days old.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
waste of money if you ask me

not that i havnt wasted alot of money on my ruger 1022 but looking back i coulda done lota things cheaper and still got the same results

Reactions: KaBar67

·
1,302 Posts
waste of money if you ask me

not that i havnt wasted alot of money on my ruger 1022 but looking back i coulda done lota things cheaper and still got the same results
Was that for me FarmerJohn? If so I agree whole heartedly. I got the stock as a joint effort xmas present from a few different family members. Original install lasted about 10 minutes and t was back in the original wood. Now with the foregrip it feels real nice so I'm gonna have to give it a go and see what I get. It takes about 10 minutes, tops to swap stocks so no big deal there..

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
Was that for me FarmerJohn? If so I agree whole heartedly. I got the stock as a joint effort xmas present from a few different family members. Original install lasted about 10 minutes and t was back in the original wood. Now with the foregrip it feels real nice so I'm gonna have to give it a go and see what I get. It takes about 10 minutes, tops to swap stocks so no big deal there..
lol no the sparta and maruder kits in the vid

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
I've had a Strike force kicking around for a couple months, my original installation I didn't care for it. So i put it back on last night with a foregrip and I like the feel now..

And original, only a couple days old.
Dave, I would agree with you on the foregrip. I put one on and it made a big difference. Personally I very much like the ATI stock.

What magazine are you using on yours and would you recommend it?

·
1,302 Posts
Dave, I would agree with you on the foregrip. I put one on and it made a big difference. Personally I very much like the ATI stock.

What magazine are you using on yours and would you recommend it?
I've got 5 20 round Ruger mags as well as 4 30 round ruger mags and the stock ruger mags can't be beat for reliability but they are a bit pricey.

The Mag in the pic is a Tapco 30 round and rather inexpensive but I've yet to try it..
http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MAG4830D

The foregrip just helps pull that mini nice and snug and very maneuverable..

·
Prepper for life.
720 Posts
Like putting lipstick on a pig. But I guess I'm guilty of doing that also

The wood on mine is cut down and is not funny looking and no bi pod

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,439 Posts
lol no the sparta and maruder kits in the vid
I'm with you on that. Especially the kit for the 10/22. An oversized magazine just to "look cool"? Yeah, that's really helpful. There are a lot of "look a like" kits for the 10/22 out there and they're all about looks, not function. If it doesn't make a gun more functional, then why bother? Especially on a .22.

·
1,302 Posts
I'm with you on that. Especially the kit for the 10/22. An oversized magazine just to "look cool"? Yeah, that's really helpful. There are a lot of "look a like" kits for the 10/22 out there and they're all about looks, not function. If it doesn't make a gun more functional, then why bother? Especially on a .22.
That's why my original 10/22 is just that, original and I love it that way. I purchased an SR22 a few weeks ago and that one I bought for it's looks and feel as well as heavy barrel. 20 years ago i tried the aftermarket stock thing on my original 10/22 and it was back in the original wood in no time..

The Mini 14 I pictured above will also end up back in it's wood if I don't see some improvement at the range though the ATI stock and foregrip feel good..

·
"This is my Boomstick!"
1,774 Posts
Looks cool but I wonder if it adds more weight, if so then I would rather do with out.
I am thinking of getting a Strike force stock for my Mini-30. Not sure yet. Would really like to get a couple 20 round Ruger factory magazines but I'm not even sure if Ruger has any in stock? :(

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
That's why my original 10/22 is just that, original and I love it that way. I purchased an SR22 a few weeks ago and that one I bought for it's looks and feel as well as heavy barrel. 20 years ago i tried the aftermarket stock thing on my original 10/22 and it was back in the original wood in no time..

The Mini 14 I pictured above will also end up back in it's wood if I don't see some improvement at the range though the ATI stock and foregrip feel good..
my 10/22 i have alot of money in it as i did it in hs for competition shooting so everything i did was pretty much performance parts barrel trigger group stock (coulda gone cheaper looking back ) ect but things that are only furniture are a waste

Reactions: MikeK
1 - 20 of 27 Posts