Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is a sturdy looking knife . Special ops I think . Blade design good , handle looks very well thought out .
Thank you very much for the reply. It's a Bill Harsey design, and he knows how to make a top notch handle. The Blade is full tang 35VN steel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Nomad, 2nd
Thank you very much, but it's not actually a table, it's a very large Teak End Grain Carving Board 24 x 18 x 1.5 I bought for my Son & his wife last Christmas.

·
The Black Death
228 Posts
I wonder if anyone ever tests the actual composition of the blades to see if they are what the producer claims.
Over the past few years there have been a number of people like Larrin at Knife Steel Nerds, and others who have tested steels. They found that many large companies using premium steels do not follow suggested heat treatment protocols and have vastly underperforming steels.

Some did rope cut tests, HRC tests, notch tests, and Larrin goes much much farther. Larrin is a metallurgist.

https://knifesteelnerds.com/

If you are looking for how to go about that and identify a steel, you might get on Spyderco's website or Blade Forums and ask him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts