Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Desperta Ferro!
2,295 Posts
View attachment 456277 View attachment 456278

So.... I finished a Seax recently, and my daughter really wanted to claim it. But the handle was a little big for her. So instead, she invoked the Daughter's Right, and told me I had to forge one for her. LOL

I finished it last night.
WOW!
LOVE IT!

Simply AMAZING work.
I am in awe.
Bravo! Grand slam.
Absolutely beautiful design & execution.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
WOW!
LOVE IT!

Simply AMAZING work.
I am in awe.
Bravo! Grand slam.
Absolutely beautiful design & execution.
I can say this. I bought his Bushcraft Lite, and I am doing everything I can to break it, dull it, or SOMETHING! This knife just says...pfffft, is that all you got?

Shaving sharp right out of the box. That's pretty rare. Not to mention, this is a made in USA, hand made knife, for around $200, which is less than a lot of foreign knives out there.

Full disclosure, I have no affiliation with this vendor, other than buying a knife from them.

Here's the knife I got, along with a Becker BK2 and a RAT7, for comparison.

Sorry, phone isn't cooperating! I'll try again tomorrow.

Looks like it's working, now.
Utility knife Knife Tableware Hunting knife Blade

Vertebrate Hunting knife Knife Utility knife Grey

·
Premium Member
14,777 Posts

So.... I finished a Seax recently, and my daughter really wanted to claim it. But the handle was a little big for her. So instead, she invoked the Daughter's Right, and told me I had to forge one for her. LOL

I like it but the handle looks a bit skimpy for me and smooth but I would still use if given the choice 😉

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
57,362 Posts

Awesome looking! I collect knives and would love to have a similar knife in my collection. If you plan on selling them ... please PM me and give me the details. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it's within my budget.

·
Master Rationalizer
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome looking! I collect knives and would love to have a similar knife in my collection. If you plan on selling them ... please PM me and give me the details. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it's within my budget.
I do sell them (just not this one...). I can't for the life of me see a link to PM at the moment (probably just blind). But Feel free to PM me and we could certainly talk. I'm actually working on the finish-up of a larger Seax this afternoon that isn't yet spoken for...

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
57,362 Posts
I do sell them (just not this one...). I can't for the life of me see a link to PM at the moment (probably just blind). But Feel free to PM me and we could certainly talk. I'm actually working on the finish-up of a larger Seax this afternoon that isn't yet spoken for...
Very good. Message sent!

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,008 Posts
That looks really good!

Please, forgive my ignorance, but what is the correct pronunciation of this?
See axe, sew, or say? I used to know these things. Getting old now.
The way I remember it that it is the root of the word "Saxon", as in "Anglo-Saxon". The particular Norsemen (not all of them) who came to England carried a "seax" as their primary weapon, and so the native Britons called them "Saxons". This subsequently came into the English language, as did derivatives such as Wessex (West Saxons), Essex (East Saxons), and Sussex (South Saxons).

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,008 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts