Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I joined this forum for your advise as to which pellet gun I should buy. Let me start off by stating that I have a RWS 34 .177 right now and am UPGRADING not moving laterally.

I have looked at Gamo, Beeman, RWS, Benjamin and Sheridan, Walther and many other brands. I do want a .22 for the added power of the pellet, although, I'd like a 10/22 ruger but not applicable for my situation.

So down to business:
RWS 350 Magnum .22
or
Benjamin Sheridan Super Streak .22.

they both have similar power, I've heard both can have thier problems but overall they seem good, the reason I include them is 1) the RWS is tried, true and made in Germany(good guns there), 2) the B/S is 1/2 the price of the RWS and slightly more powerful and is said to be just as accurate and powerful.

Feel free to reccomend another rifle, but no Gamos, they are worthless peices of plastic and metal, that are also over stated. I am leaning twards the B/S because of cost and some accuracy reviews.

I plan on using this rifle to plink, hunt rabbits, squirrels, groundhogs, and other pests, I also like having a full sized rifle that could be easily mistaken for a real firearm when I'm out shooting as we have problems with people driving up our private road, so I sling my pellet gun over my shoulder and am usually wearing camo clothing with a large bowie knife on my belt and approach them to say it's private. We don't have repeat offenders here. :rolleyes:

All constructive and useful comments are greatly appreciated.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
rsw 177 with 1000 fp

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Beeman
Feel free to reccomend another rifle
I recommend the Beeman R-1 ("Weihrauch Hw80" is its brandname in Germany/EU). I have owned one for years but am missing it atm, it's in England. Don't know if it's in any other calibre than .22 but that's what I had. Accurate, powerful, loud, looks real. Whadda yawant? Weihrauch are a solid brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts