I own a Rem 742 and I think its a bunch of BS when people repeat crap about it with nothing but more crap to go on. Maybe something with 1% of the guns and it got the press so Remington pulled it, but the other 99% are working fine.I don't own one, but a Remington 742 should fit that bill too. I see them come up for sale fairly frequently in my area.
Mine is, anyway. it's killed a deer and I like being able to rip off 3-4 shots without re targeting. using a 10 round mag