Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I am totally new here.

No one introduced me to you site, I am here on my own. Just wondering how you thank someone for their post. Also, can I reply just to the individual who posted a comment?

I have done forums before but I am an old-school type of guy in the new-school world.

I am on this site to learn from all of you. America has become soft and I don't want my family to be the same. I want to ready us for whatever events come our way. Could anyone just give me some opening tips? I look forward to making some strong connections.

·
Take me out to the black
3,030 Posts
To thank someone just click the little thanks button under the post.

If you want to reply just to the individual click their name and there should pop up a menu with an option to send a private message to them. If not you can click on "view public profile" and there should be an option in the profile to send them a private message.

Welcome to the board!!!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

The "add reply" button is on the left under the last post.

The 'thanks" button is on the far right after each persons post, but it disappears once you have thanked them.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Hello and welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Also some of the functions like "thanks" only become available once you make a minimum number of posts. Make a few more posts and the buttons will appear.

Take care,

Kevin.

·
thepostmandelivers
1,241 Posts
coach welcome iv'e been prepping for years and have felt like my few freinds and i were alone until i found these guys i have hope for america again take on as much knowledge as you can quickly i am

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Collin County, Republic of Texas.

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Greetings and Welcome to the Forum.

·
Wanderer
259 Posts
As far as working on family and friends to keep them from going soft, start and continue easy-

Dont push "Survivalism" or even "Prepping", and dont tell them its to "be ready for the end".
The best way to keep them healthy, fit and educated in taking care of themselves is to find ways to lik the same skills with some other, fun activities.
Examples:
-Shooting is scary and violent. Go to a gun range and skeet-shoot. Not a thing gets hurt, they learn firearms and can use it should the need ever arise.
-Bug Out Bags(BOB) are illogical to most people. Go camping a few times. Having a camping bag packed for spur-of-the-moment trips is the same thing with a different name, and even having all the right gear in the same room in the house will keep your bug out time under 20 min.
-If you have kids, tell them they have to be able to name the closest hospital/supermarket/way home before they can drive or go out with friends. Very simple precaution that covers a great many situations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts