Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short intro. I'm a recently retired business owner (that means the business owned me for 32 years). I have been studying and applying survival information and preparations for approx. 11 years. My wife and I have property in N. Idaho that we like to fish and hunt and recreate at. Don't have a solid feel for this community, but hope that I can be more of an asset than a liability.
I have interests in a lot of areas (that means Jack of all trades and master of ...............). Served in the US Navy for 10 years and spent a total of 8 days on board ship. I worked for the Naval Security Group and spent one year in country in Vietnam in 69 and a little of 70 working the brown water navy problems. Currently building a 71 IH Scout 800B. Have installed a GM HT383 crate engine with Edlebrock Pro Flo EFI, Bowtie level II 700R4, NP241 and lots of other time consuming things that will help it go pretty much were ever it wants at whatever speed it wants to go. I live in central CA and am practicing being a budding old bum for the next few weeks until I get my retriement legs under me. Is it legal to shoot your wifes alarm clock at close range?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
WElcome to our community from N Texas. It is okay to feel a bit uneasy with SUrvivalists. The word kind of brings funny feelings to lots of people. You will find that most of the folks on this site are family types who just want to be prepared for times to come. We are not Rambo or Chuck Norris. ALthough CHuck is one of our neighbors.

Get to know the folks on this site. You will find people with mindsets similar to your own. It is important that you find people who are willing to help you. Look for the good folks and stick with us. We may fight with words sometimes but we care about one another. Look forward to seeing you in the posts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel comfortable with survivalist, it's just getting used to a new site and it's formats. Hard to change an old dogs lay down direction. Sounds like a lot of kindred souls around here. I have three adult(most of the time) sons who know JESUS, family, love of Country and how to open a can of WA on a seconds notice. Been married to the same blessing of a woman for 34 years and she is right beside me in all of our efforts to provide for survival and a respectful way of life. Thanks much for the greeting. Mr. Ed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hello back NE GA and thanks from central CA. Mostly farms, vineyards and orchards and 1000 miles of delta waterways and good fishin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Howdy back Bret Byron, Thanks for the advise, but you make her sleep on the couch, she uses 3am frying pan therapy, as she calls it, if I get to rowdy about things, and she's a better shot. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome Romona We will be moving to the Olympia/Lacey, WA area next summer, and will probably wave as we drive by.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts