Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better place to make my first post than right here in the introductions thread. :thumb:

Forgive me now.. I tend to get a little long winded with introductions.

My name is Brooks, I was born and raised in Southeast Georgia along the Altamaha River.

Last year I moved to Mexico with my wife to teach English in Sonora, Mexico.. the Southern neighbor to Arizona. My wife is a Mexican (legal immigrant), and as we both got passionate about the immigration issue affecting America, we decided to do our part to make productive citizens out of those that were looking to go to the US either to study or live. Aside from teaching English, we both also teach American Civics courses at two different state universities here. We both figured if the US and Mexican governments were not going to do anything about the immigration concerns of Americans, we would at least try to prepare people to be productive members of the American society.

I studied Economics and History in college, although I never finished with a degree. My wife studied Biology here in Mexico- she actually finished. :eek::

I am a Mormon, although I am an inactive member- but I still consider that to be my faith. I think part of my interest in survival comes from my churches teachings on food storage and emergency preparedness.

As I said, I was raised in South Georgia, so naturally I was raised to hunt, fish, and camp- while respecting the gift of the outdoors and learning to manage resources wisely.

Now, why am I here? Well, that's another thread in and of itself, but I will give the short answer..

If there is one thing that I've learned about survival through reading and practice it's that you will never know everything about anything.

I am here to learn from each of you, and to share any knowledge that I feel may be useful. I hope that this journey can be made well together; and in the end, I hope that we can all just survive and enjoy the experience.

Thanks,
Brooks

·
Prepared in NH
12,852 Posts
Greetings Brooks,

Welcome to the Community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the very warm welcome. It makes me feel comfortable already.

Now, on a serious note: What am I missing not being a VIP member. From the vast amount of information that I have for free- and the limited amount of money (as well as being a little shy to online transactions).. for the members that are VIP.. I know it's worth it, but what is there that I don't have here?

·
Christian Survivalist
2,632 Posts
Welcome Brooks

What better place to make my first post than right here in the introductions thread. :thumb:

Forgive me now.. I tend to get a little long winded with introductions.

My name is Brooks, I was born and raised in Southeast Georgia along the Altamaha River.

Last year I moved to Mexico with my wife to teach English in Sonora, Mexico.. the Southern neighbor to Arizona. My wife is a Mexican (legal immigrant), and as we both got passionate about the immigration issue affecting America, we decided to do our part to make productive citizens out of those that were looking to go to the US either to study or live. Aside from teaching English, we both also teach American Civics courses at two different state universities here. We both figured if the US and Mexican governments were not going to do anything about the immigration concerns of Americans, we would at least try to prepare people to be productive members of the American society.

I studied Economics and History in college, although I never finished with a degree. My wife studied Biology here in Mexico- she actually finished. :eek::

I am a Mormon, although I am an inactive member- but I still consider that to be my faith. I think part of my interest in survival comes from my churches teachings on food storage and emergency preparedness.

As I said, I was raised in South Georgia, so naturally I was raised to hunt, fish, and camp- while respecting the gift of the outdoors and learning to manage resources wisely.

Now, why am I here? Well, that's another thread in and of itself, but I will give the short answer..

If there is one thing that I've learned about survival through reading and practice it's that you will never know everything about anything.

I am here to learn from each of you, and to share any knowledge that I feel may be useful. I hope that this journey can be made well together; and in the end, I hope that we can all just survive and enjoy the experience.

Thanks,
Brooks
Brooks,

Welcome to the forum. When you have a chance, feel free to check out my LDS Emergency Preparedness website at http://www.ldsready.org. There is a lot if information there about preparedness as well as some really helpful links.

Thanks for your awesome intro. Its good to see a brother on here.

Mark
Formerly Inactive myself

1 - 20 of 22 Posts