Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Thanks to an old college friend, safetyhappy, for directing me here.

I have read some posts and it looks like I am not the only one having a hard time getting a spouse to agree to making preparations. I will be reading more looking for ways to convince her.

Got into preparations in high school after reading 1984 by George Orwell and On the Beach by (author's name escapes me right now). The recent economy and national/international political stage has prompted me to "kick it up a notch" with preparations.

I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing what I know.

·
Team Lauren 2010
410 Posts
Glad you made it. Hopefully it won't take a disaster for your wife to apreciate what you're doing like it did with mine.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard from NC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Columbia, SC

Welcome aboard. I'm in Myrtle Beach so keep in touch. I am also new here and might need some direction.

Bob...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Tell her to come to my house for a nice girly luncheon. I live an hour away. Then I'll show her my grain and handmill and cheese making kits, and the greenhouse plus the 70 plus packages of seeds.

I look like any suburban housewife. I live in a new house on a new golf course. I get my hair cut at an Aveda salon in Columbia.

I'll show her how to combat load if you'd like! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Hey!!!! West Columbia here. Welcome. Heck, there's about 5 of us that I know of within 20 miles or so. We could have a Columbia Campout all by ourselves. Don't worry to much about your wife. Spouses seem to get on board eventually. Besides, what's so bad about stocking food and having afew emergency things (lantern, flashlights, grill/stove,that sort of thing) available in case a bad storm comes up. And there's nothing wrong with buying some things in bulk, which means cheaper and therefore you are saving money. Approach her from that angle. DO NOT go with ..... shtf tomorrow so I need to run out and purchase $10,000.00 worth of guns and ammo today! Believe me, when I started "kicking it up a notch", my family thought ..... ok, Sherrie has gone off her rocker. But now family and friends are coming by and wanting to know how to set up a rotation system for supplies. I'm learned to make candles and now I'm learning to make soap and can foods and they are sniffing around wanting to know how to do those things also. I believe most definately s will htf, in some way but I toned it down a bit and it's now about becoming frugal and saving money! :eek:) No one can argue with that.

Welcome again. We are glad you have joined us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts