Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am glad to be here. It is nice to connect with other like minded folks around the country and world.

I never have liked TV, popular culture media or anything "mainstream." When I bring up survival topics within most of the the circles I travel in, folks just seem to glaze over. However, there seems to be an uptick in self-sufficiency efforts among a select few who I already percieved as moving in this general direction.

I am relatively new to the "survival" construct, but am definitely independent and interested in becoming more prepared for what I believe is the ongoing unraveling of the fabric of our country right before our eyes.

Being old enough now to have seen tremendous change since my youth in terms of destruction of basic values, family cohesion and financial structures, I am definitely in a heightened state of alert for opportunities to stay a bit ahead of things so as to be as ready as possible for ongoing and upcoming tumult in society.

In terms of personal background, I am a clinical psychologist working with children with developmental disorders and genetic syndromes. I have been married for over 25 years and we have four children. We retreat to our cabin in northern MN. We have no running water or electricity but warmth in the winter with wood heat. We have a creek and plenty of natural resources on and adjacent to our property with literally miles of untouched state and federal land that stretches to the Canadian border, which is about 20 miles as the crow flies out our back door. We lived in the area for 10 years and have survived comfortably for up to 4 days without being able to get out due to extreem winter storms. Most importantly we have developed good collabortive friendships with our neighbors in the area who are like minded and also very self-sufficient.

I am looking forward to learning more from all of you and hope to also contribute now and then.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Welcome from NC, happy to have you with us. "clinical psychologist working with children with developmental disorders and genetic syndromes". Hummm we may find use for you here on the forum working with some of our members:D:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.