Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Just a Squirrel
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This has been on my mind for a long time. We lived through Wilma and a month without power, which was actually no big deal at all, because everything else worked -- police, money, our generator, our roof, etc...

My husband and I talk often of what we would, where we would go, what we would take with us, etc...if something big went down, and it is often a favorite topic of conversation. We do veg oil cars, he is an engineer into alternative power, and we are looking for our land.

I have read homesteading books since I was a teenager. It's time to take the next step and start getting a real plan, instead of "what if" dreaming.
We are happy to have found this forum.

Hope to learn a lot.....

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Hope you find a good home here. there are a lot of great folks here. Sounds like you have a lot to offer the forum. Look forward to hearing from you. Mark the start page so you can check in on a regular basis. best wishes on finding that land. It is a great place to help you with your plan.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Another greeting from Brevard.

Did not know you were located in Brevard Breakneck:thumb:!

Tbull:cool:

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Welcome SiouxSquirrel,

Hope you and yourn enjoy the forum and learn what you need to survive the future. What ever that may entail.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Just a Squirrel
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, you folks are wonderful. Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be on here every day.
I've spent a fair amount of time today getting educated ( no -- not the same education that I, too, rec'd at UF!) by reading articles and forums.

Looking for land, too! TN, KY, GA, North FL, possibly AL. Priced out of NC and SC, possibly TN. Hubby is on board. I'd do Texas in a heartbeat (got a boy in the Coast Guard out there), but it seems too far, plus we have Northern family who could use KY, et al. as a center point for meeting.

Looking for good land at least 5 acres, with partial wooded.

We also feel the urge to beef up weapons and ammunition before the election. Ya never know about gun control changes.

I'll check out the FL forum, and I, too and outside of Ft. Laud.

Thank you again! I can't wait to learn what you all know.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Where ever you folks go we wish you the best. 5 acres is good. It is very good if it is with others of a like mind around you. Keep that in mind. You can share resources sometimes. Look out for each others property.

Glad you are here. take care from Texas.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Take a look at north GA around Blue Ridge. Good people. Also across theline in Cherokee NC. Land used to be not so expensive there. In GA stay north of Atlanta. The area around Copper Hill NC was very cheap at one time. could be because of the copper mines. Understand it is much better now. Eastern TN is good outside of Ashville NC. Be sure you have mineral rights when you buy. Not that you want to mine but because you don't want someone else drilling or mining in your yard.

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
I'm kickin' it in the 305 with my dirty-dirty MIA peeps. Duce!

(Translation: I too am a Floridian. Located in Miami.)

·
Just a Squirrel
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LaserCool - I understood everything you said! Thanks again, everyone. you make me feel welcome. Thanks for the land tips, Grinnan. I'll remember them. We were looking online at AL, but wow, it seems a lot more expensive than it was two years ago when I was looking.
I found about 20 acres 1/2 wooded, 1/2 cleared, in a nice shape for being unobtrusive from the road, for 35k in KY. It's remote, and could have some soil issues ( several years of soybeans w/ what sounds like no rotation) but has good timber, hunting, water, and 20-40 acre "lots" around it, with larger hundreds or thousands of acre farms surrounding that. I want to go take a look-see before winter.

I'd be curious to know what other Floridans' plans are....anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts