Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Bill, from Belton Tx. I just turned 30, I work on cars and I'm a EMT as well. I found this site and was hoping to maybe find some like minded people to help me plan and prepare. Hopefully my family and I never have to experience a survival type situation, but I figure it can't hurt to plan ahead. I have a couple of books that have given me a good base for the things I need to stock for emergencies. I have started a food supply, I still need a better way to store large amount of water though. But I will be reading old threads trying to pick up all the useful info.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Look into rain barrels to attach to your downspouts of your home, and a water bob. Rain barrels can be bought pretty cheap on craigslist or somewhere local to you ( google it), the water bob you can google and find on a few sites. Then all you'll need is water filtration(sawyer point one is a good low priced one) and purification- Calcium Hypochlorite (pool shock, be sure its not the sodium kind). All these tips I got here too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts