Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother (who has recently been very much into becoming prepared) mentioned this site to me and explained how much good info it had.

After reading a few threads and being enlightened by what I read, I am going to make this forum my home so I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Gilbert AZ with my wife and a little boy and girl (ages 2 and 2 months respectively). Growing up my parents were very much into conspiracy theories (perhaps a little bit too much)...and because of that my teenage years gave me a different perspective from most of my friends who had "normal" parents. I shut all the conspiracy stuff out after I moved out of my house, got married and had kids.

Since then (about 10 years later) I recently had this overwhelming feeling of paralyzing fear (on my birthday, no less) when I started seeing in the news the impending collapse of the economy and all of the ramifications that I believe will follow (enter my parent's conspiracy theories). Since then I have had a complete shift in my priorities. Instead of focusing on financial well-being for my family, I am now in preparation mode focusing on surviving the future for my family. After dealing with the initial anxiety and sleepless nights about how to prepare for a very uncertain future, I have since settled into my new mindset and am doing everything I can to make sure my family is READY when the SHTF. It is nice to hear that the vast majority of you are like-minded and I hope to learn a lot from the rest of you, as well as contribute wherever I can. Thanks!

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Good people on here.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community. Hope you can find somethings positive here. Most people into survival or preparedness or wahtever you want to call it look at life as something we are going to get through. that is why you prepare. Keep it on the positive side and stay away from all the rumors. some folks live in a world of RUMORS and never move because they always are fearful of what is going to happen. Don't let the world rule you. Stick with us and stay positive.

·
Be Prepared
273 Posts
Welcome to the Forum BadAstro... That wouldn't happen to be a combined name for two bands I know of would it? haha

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

100,000 Americans lose thier home to fire every year. If you do nothing else that being prepared to deal with that you will be well ahead, IMHO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to our community. Hope you can find somethings positive here. Most people into survival or preparedness or wahtever you want to call it look at life as something we are going to get through. that is why you prepare. Keep it on the positive side and stay away from all the rumors. some folks live in a world of RUMORS and never move because they always are fearful of what is going to happen. Don't let the world rule you. Stick with us and stay positive.
I appreciate the positive reinforcement. That being said, don't get me wrong...a lot of the "conspiracy theories" I grew up with are closer to coming to fruition (for an example of what I am talking about, check out Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Fascism" on YouTube) and simply can't be discounted as unfounded rumors. I am very aware of the unfortunate circumstances our country is in and want to do my best to be prepared for the worst. I am going to stay optimistic and positive, but at the same time be prepared for the worst case scenario. :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the Forum BadAstro... That wouldn't happen to be a combined name for two bands I know of would it? haha
What's up bro! Actually it's just one band...but I guess you could mix some Bad Religion in with some Bad Astronaut.....yeeeaaaah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts