Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a rossi m92 stainless in 357 the other day , been looking for a lever 357 for a wile , My lgs just happened to get one in , first he has had in about a year

Finally got to shoot her today ,,,,,,,,, man do i love this gun :D: I felt like a kid with my first red rider :D::D::D:

sight were pretty close right out of the box , i was surprised how well this thing shoots , action is nice and smooth

Im gona have to start reloading this little girl is gona get expensive lol

very happy camper , probably my favorite to shoot out of all the ones i got :thumb:

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea , I find myself just walking around shooting cans and what not , was surprised how quiet it was with 38s

I dont know why I never bought one years ago

wife even enjoys it , and she is not a gun person lol

little more range time and this might become my go to gun

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
wife even enjoys it , and she is not a gun person lol

little more range time and this might become my go to gun
We have two, my wife's is the pretty one - cased frame! I tuned them up with Steve Jones DVD tutorial, spring kits and SS mag followers. Still thinking about peep sights.

They'll shoot BP loads all the way to heavy cast loads, plan to try some higher velocity lighter bullet varmint loads next opportunity. It is our go to gun in one scenario.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have two, my wife's is the pretty one - cased frame! I tuned them up with Steve Jones DVD tutorial, spring kits and SS mag followers. Still thinking about peep sights.

They'll shoot BP loads all the way to heavy cast loads, plan to try some higher velocity lighter bullet varmint loads next opportunity. It is our go to gun in one scenario.
I checked out that steve jones website , i think you or one of the other guys had posted the link in another thread , cools sight , i might spring for a set down the road :thumb:

my lgs guy was surprised the action was so smooth on mine , he showed me several other guns that had rougher actions ( this was my first lever ) he said it was one of the best he had seen and especially on a rossi

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have one identical to yours. It felt pretty good out of the box, but I still slicked up the action, worked over the trigger, softened the loading gate and replaced all springs, except for the ejector. After 200 rounds down the tube, it's very nice now.

FYI - accuracy can be improved by relieving the forearm wood and barrel band assemblies. Mine also had a problem with vertical stringing of follow-up shots from a cold bore. I resolved this by eliminating contact between the mag tube and barrel. Having that screw through the mag tube plug in contact with the barrel is a poor design - IMHO.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one identical to yours. It felt pretty good out of the box, but I still slicked up the action, worked over the trigger, softened the loading gate and replaced all springs, except for the ejector. After 200 rounds down the tube, it's very nice now.

FYI - accuracy can be improved by relieving the forearm wood and barrel band assemblies. Mine also had a problem with vertical stringing of follow-up shots from a cold bore. I resolved this by eliminating contact between the mag tube and barrel. Having that screw through the mag tube plug in contact with the barrel is a poor design - IMHO.
thanks for the advise , i will remember that , and yea my loading gate could used softened up also :thumb:

·
Registered
13,805 Posts
I have both .357 and .454 couldn't be happier .
There .357 has the large ring for fancy loading rifleman style, .454 is normal.
To be honest the large ring is a pain unless your wearing thick gloves but even then seems a bit large.
Have fun.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
8,674 Posts
No scope , no plans for one

but here is an interesting thread on scoping

http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=345
Getting this for my 10 yr old Boy as a hunting rifle. The high powered stuff is a bit much for him right now. I guess this is a top ejector like a uberti which makes scoping kind of impractical. Have any of you Boys fed this rifle hot loads ? Want to make sure my Boy can take down a white tail with the .357.

Excellent read on the url posted above salvation, greatly appreciated, it answered several questions I had ! Lever action should be ban proof, just in case......

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Getting this for my 10 yr old Boy as a hunting rifle. The high powered stuff is a bit much for him right now. I guess this is a top ejector like a uberti which makes scoping kind of impractical. Have any of you Boys fed this rifle hot loads ? Want to make sure my Boy can take down a white tail with the .357.

Thanks.
I have not yet but there is a thread on this forum where one of the members is discussing different hand loads for this gun , possibly this one

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=320897&highlight=lever+action+357

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Not sure I'd call it a hot load but I've fired the Levervolution 357 mag rounds through my Rossi. No problems at all.

Still haven't done much on paper with the gun. It's just too much fun shootn cans with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.