Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Nice tnrick55. Are you by any chance Sticks65 nephew or something? Similar names, knife skills...... just wondering?

Seriously keep 'em coming, they're great. Any more info on them?

Cheers Herne

·
Junior Oldie
817 Posts
Both look good. Definitely see the sense in making knives from knives. I've got a Tramontina butcher knife that aches to become a fishing knife.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes go to flea markets and you can find some cheap steel.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
just got them done what do you think??? they have 4"and 6" blades the lil one is made out of a old butchers knife.
I think they are really nice,you done a great job on them and id say a true work of art Rick.

can you tell us a bit more about them like what size pins you used and what is wrapped around the seconed knifes handle.also what wood did you use.

Cheers.

John.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they are really nice,you done a great job on them and id say a true work of art Rick.

can you tell us a bit more about them like what size pins you used and what is wrapped around the seconed knifes handle.also what wood did you use.

Cheers.

John.
ok mate i used 1/8 pins and walnut wood and i made it out of a old butcher knife i got at the flea market.the second knife is 440 steel wraped in wet raw hide then let dry then coated with spray polyurathen (checkspelling). :thumb:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
ok mate i used 1/8 pins and walnut wood and i made it out of a old butcher knife i got at the flea market.the second knife is 440 steel wraped in wet raw hide then let dry then coated with spray polyurathen (checkspelling). :thumb:
there nice knives Rick.

I love walnut it always looks beautiful on a knife.

And i really like the idea of the wet raw hide wraped around that tang it looks good and old worldly..:thumb:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Ahh Rick that handle aint never coming off that first knife with all those pins in,i like it.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts