Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Probably because of the political stand point of the state, along with the strict laws regarding firearms and such. But thats just the way I see people hating on Jersey always.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What's up I use to live in hawthorne, palisades park and Fort lee NJ then my dad got sick and I moved to NC about 4 years ago

·
statists' be statin'
3,338 Posts
Honest question but Why so much negative comments about Jersey?
  • Permission required for every firearm purchase - sometimes taking months for approval. No right to carry, can't transport hollow point bullets, no mags over 15 rounds, can't own a fiirearm with more than 2 "evil features".
  • High property taxes
  • Police departments that behave as if you serve them
  • A court system that believes in guilty until proven innocent
  • Regulations on everything imaginable with enough regulatory people at local, county, and state levels to enforce every one.

PA used to have signs on the highways that said "America Starts Here". We should have signs as you enter that say "Now Leaving America".

·
BASS
2,090 Posts
The Jersey Shore here........ Less than 5 miles from the Atlantic..... But well above storm level....

I call New Jersey the "Can't Do State".

You can't do this; you can't do that; the park closes at dusk; you need a license for this, that and the other thing;

Live here illegally and we will take care of you by taxing all the legals; Guilty Until Proven Innocent; The law beakers hold the offices; we tax the tax; free health care for all unless you have money then you pay; and the list continues.....

I want to go to Tennessee but wife won't leave......

Alert....... The US of A is going to get a colonoscopy and this is where they are going to stick it.

There are a lot of good people here and good places but the bad are taking over day by day. :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why?

I left the Peoples Republic of New Jersey twelve years ago. Its a state where it is illeagle to defend yourself in your own house. I there is a break in you must leave, any self defense WILL get you arrested.
Taxes are extreemly high, thats all taxes. The state troopers try to get you to break the law by getting real close on your bumper to get you to speed up. There are state police, town police, park police, transit police and sheriff deputies all trying to look important.
Every town has a school superentendent. There are so many reasons to leave and the only good thing about NJ is there isn't any fee on the bridges leaving the rectum of the world.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why?

I left the Peoples Republic of New Jersey twelve years ago. Its a state where it is illeagle to defend yourself in your own house. I there is a break in you must leave, any self defense WILL get you arrested.
Taxes are extreemly high, thats all taxes. The state troopers try to get you to break the law by getting real close on your bumper to get you to speed up. There are state police, town police, park police, transit police and sheriff deputies all trying to look important.
Every town has a school superentendent. There are so many reasons to leave and the only good thing about NJ is there isn't any fee on the bridges leaving the rectum of the world.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haskell, NJ here. Looking at moving to Virginia in the fall with my partner. Until then I am always looking for like minded individuals to expand into my growing network of preppers and such.
Feel free to send me a message.
-RedRaider

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello again to all current and former NJ resident posters! As a former New Yorker, I can't be hating this state as much as most do. Yes, I pay more property taxes than my friends in NY, but I have my AR's and my mail-order ammo. Okay, it might be a matter of time before either the state or feds take those away, but this ain't as bad as other folks have it.

Remember, thanks to the commies in CT, NJ dropped to like #3 on the list of worst states for gun owners. I think we might drop further this year!

·
Freedom is not free
82 Posts
Oldbridge- middlesex county here. I want to go to florida but everything in my life keeps me here. Its like a scene from The God father. Just when I thoughy I was out, they drag me back in.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts