Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Fed
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please join us at the NJ Preppers Group on this forum. I know of at least 30 regular contributors who haven't joined us on the group. No personal information will be asked of you.
We have a unique situation in NJ, with coastlines, Pinelands, etc., and I'd like to see this group become more involved. Earthquake, anyone?

·
Just the facts, Ma'am.
2,070 Posts
Well, the earthquake was fun while it lasted. My wife works in Camden. She said it scared her pretty badly. Must have been worse there than it was here. Our windows rattled a good bit, I thought the kids were just being kids and dancing around the house like the graceful little elephants they are... :eek:

·
It's a trick...get an axe
128 Posts
Yup, I was on the 3rd floor of a hospital. Thought my blood sugar dropped or something. When I came out, the news was out front and cops everywhere.

Need more NJ people talking. Unique are we are in with a lot of factors to consider

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just joined the forums and still trying to find out where things are at....

I was talking to my wife during lunch....she was in her car where she works and I was at work in my Dodge Ram 1500 when she said she thought the wind was kicking up pretty bad. Her car was rocking in all directions. I didn't feel a thing. I jokingly told her she probably experienced an earthquake. :rolleyes:

Boy was I suprised when I got back inside to find out it actually was! :eek:

I also thought it might be a good basis for a Dodge Ram commercial.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah...found where the groups are at (top menu bar for those looking). Still looks like I have to post two more time before I can get in....

·
Registered
35 Posts
at first i didnt reilize what was going on. until my kids came running down screaming like a bunch of girls. o what they are girls lol. i had just got home from a job site in camden walked in my house and then it hit us.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Are there any preppers living in Jersey? It is the most densely populated state in the country and is practically water locked. So you can't bug in and you can't bug out.

·
DonR
29 Posts
Hey All,

Down by Princeton. Still trying to figure out how to prep.
I found a great document, "Becoming Self-Sufficient for Six Months‏".
It walks through in a good bit of detail about what you'd need, the scenarios that will likely play out, how to handle things.

It's based on a pandemic outbreak. It isn't a story; it's info, detail, insight.

I think that should be my first goal.
Getting a garden going next spring; small 10X10 or 10X20.

In Learn Mode,
DonR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts