Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I recieved my "shaker syphon" in the mail!! It is a very fast flowing syphon that you dont need to use your mouth!! I would recommend that you check one out or at least a syphon for your urban bug out bag/get home bag. There are different companies and different lengths so think about it and remember: "its not looting if you leave a note"

·
Registered
250 Posts
So today I recieved my "shaker syphon" in the mail!! It is a very fast flowing syphon that you dont need to use your mouth!! I would recommend that you check one out or at least a syphon for your urban bug out bag/get home bag. There are different companies and different lengths so think about it and remember: "its not looting if you leave a note"
It is looting even if you leave a note. Just accept it. I seriously question the morality of using one of these in a get-home situation. Basically this would be during a crisis, in which you would be inhibiting another persons ability to travel and survive. Can you picture something going down, and thinking to yourself "at least I have half a tank of gas", getting to your vehicle, and seeing some note saying sorry, I'll pay you back.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I can see using this on an abandoned vehicle on the side of the highway, where they left the vehicle with flat tires, or the hood up, and it was a major evacuation.

Boys n girls, stop kidding yourself. In a true SHTF situation people DO NOT play nice or by the rules.

Ask anyone who has been thru a major hurricane. And that's a mini shtf.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see using this on an abandoned vehicle on the side of the highway, where they left the vehicle with flat tires, or the hood up, and it was a major evacuation.

Boys n girls, stop kidding yourself. In a true SHTF situation people DO NOT play nice or by the rules.

Ask anyone who has been thru a major hurricane. And that's a mini shtf.
That is exactly what I ment when I purchased this. When I wrote "its not looting if you left a note" I was odviously kidding. I would never steal someones gas intentionally!! thank you daylightrun!

·
Gone Galt
22,533 Posts
I have one of these "super syphon's" in a small zip bag with a 5-gallon collapsible water container in my truck at all times. It's for refueling quickly from containers carried in the truck or liberating gas from abandoned vehicles.

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
I found mine at a truck stop about 3 years ago. They are great. I havent tried to syphon fuel since i was a teenager, and used a metal hose in the dead of winter. The hose froze to my lips, and i ended up filling my lungs with gas, and spent a while in the hospital. Never ever again. But this tools is awsome.

·
With eyes and mind open.
222 Posts
LINK

Product Description
What siphon could be simpler than the FloTool Shaker Siphon? All you need to do is shake it around, and it works! Just place the small metal pump end in the liquid you whish to siphon, shake the pump up and down, and the siphon does the rest! Easy, convenient, clean and safe! Perfect for gas tanks, pools, and a variety of other uses!

·
Dust of the Earth
757 Posts
Now isnt there a chance of a spark causing you to disappear in a cloud of fire?
Theoretically I'm sure, but the odds are up there with getting hit by lightning. Gas tanks get ruptured everyday in car accidents. The rare occasion they catch fire it's usually because fumes or fuel reach hot engine parts. It's just much easier to punch a hole. Most modern cars are difficult to siphon from.

I could see this being useful for collecting water though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.