Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of friends at work have expressed interest in forming a group due to concerns of a social melt down when Obama takes office.
They all of a sudden are taking what I do seriously. I guess I have a couple of newbies on my hands. Has anyone else had this happen yet?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
It started about a month ago for me. My feelings about being prepared are well known.
Hell, I've been on T.V.
Have gotten several phone calls from folks asking what to store and where to purchase long term storeage products.
I don't think it has to do with the elections, but more with the economy crisis. A lot of these people's retirement funds are going up in smoke. With consumer goods going up in price, I think they want to buy now, while they can still get something for their dollar.
..........................Alaskan.......

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Since gas prices started going up my classes have been packed full. When the economy actually began to affect the public (it began collapsing awhile back) I was asked to add extra classes. This happened after 9/11 and before Y2K as well. It's not been long enough after the election to show anything extra but autumn is always a time that seems to quicken the blood and makes people want to start preparing. I think it's hardwired into us to prepare for winter even though mosat people don't know why.

Rill

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
People will be on a high to get ready for the next three months and then it will level off and then many will drop away like they always do. When you come in fast you tend to go out as quickly. Survivalists tend to stay the course. A lot will depend on the strength of your group. If you have peope they can depend on for support they may stay and get ready. Newbies tend to need a lot of TLC. That is okay if you know it. Be there for them. You will get frustrated and want them to leave you alone sometimes. Have them set goals short term ones. They need to see progress they are making. Others may follow as well.

Don't be upset when some of them walk away after a couple of months.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I am talking with people every day that are storing away more food and guns/ammo. Most of them are in their golden years and recognize the signs in our economy. Whether it happens or not, we are preparing.

Nothing like the good feeling you get knowing that you are preparred.

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
A few (actually quite a few) folks at work have spoken of buying guns, ammo - my boss said to let her know of the next gun show....most everyone one has some kind of gun but those who don't want one, those who do want more, and everyone wants ammo (talking hunting as well as defense).....

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
would it be a good idea to prep a dummies guide to preparing for the shtf, with all the knowledge and experiance of the site members a guide should be pretty comprehensive.

just throwing the idea out there
SURVIVAL for DUMMIES !!

i bet it would be a best seller right now :thumb:

·
Trump=WhiteObama=BlkBush
10,176 Posts
A couple of friends at work have expressed interest in forming a group due to concerns of a social melt down when Obama takes office.
They all of a sudden are taking what I do seriously. I guess I have a couple of newbies on my hands. Has anyone else had this happen yet?
Just a thought. Why do your friends at work know you're preparing?

Reactions: Highclimber

·
Banned
317 Posts
A new gun shop opened in my one mule of a town two weeks ago.........day before yesterday he sold three firearms, yesterday eleven and today ten with six on special order, I didn't know that there were so many people here.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
there aren't- its all for your neighbor lol

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just a thought. Why do your friends at work know you're preparing?
I've been good friends with one guy for a while outside of work too. The other guy is pretty cool and has been talking to me about getting a gun. I told them about my AR15 and my concerns about the S hitting the fan. I work with a bunch of guys and we all like guns but not many have the cash to buy one. Even the girl that works with us wants one and has been talking to me about it.
Most of the guys prep for hurricanes so talking about preps is no big deal. I dont go into detail about what I've got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts