Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ive been doing some research in survival trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, because I think that the **** is going to hit the fan pretty soon, and I want to be prepared.

So im joining this forum to help become aware of how to survive in both an urban and rural environment. Right now I live in a city with a population of about 100,000.. i hate it and want to move out into the country eventually, but I have to deal with it, so Im interested in learning stuff about both urban and wilderness survival.

One of my best friends is a survivalist and I am ahving him show me how to make a basic survival kit right now.

Right now I think Im in a good situation for a newbie to the survivalist community. My dad grew up in a very rural area and has shown me a thing or two that he knows. I also have afew guns, a huge 30.06 hunting rifle, a windchester rifle, afew 12 gage shotguns, and afew .22 rifles, so I think I'm in a good position as far as defending myself from looters, violence-driven trespassers, and other threats to myself.

But I want to go beyond just being an idiot with some guns and become really prepared for possible civil-unrest and urban survival, and eventually survival in the wilderness.

I hope I'm welcome here and I want to put together just a general all-porpoise survival kit, could anyone suggest some tools and such for me?

Thanks,
-DragHog :D:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hi all

Ive been doing some research in survival trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, because I think that the **** is going to hit the fan pretty soon, and I want to be prepared.

So im joining this forum to help become aware of how to survive in both an urban and rural environment. Right now I live in a city with a population of about 100,000.. i hate it and want to move out into the country eventually, but I have to deal with it, so Im interested in learning stuff about both urban and wilderness survival.

One of my best friends is a survivalist and I am ahving him show me how to make a basic survival kit right now.

Right now I think Im in a good situation for a newbie to the survivalist community. My dad grew up in a very rural area and has shown me a thing or two that he knows. I also have afew guns, a huge 30.06 hunting rifle, a windchester rifle, afew 12 gage shotguns, and afew .22 rifles, so I think I'm in a good position as far as defending myself from looters, violence-driven trespassers, and other threats to myself.

But I want to go beyond just being an idiot with some guns and become really prepared for possible civil-unrest and urban survival, and eventually survival in the wilderness.

I hope I'm welcome here and I want to put together just a general all-porpoise survival kit, could anyone suggest some tools and such for me?

Thanks,
-DragHog :D:
I live in the same state from northwestern hills but now live in central c.t. in hate central c.t. the hills are where it's at.

·
Concerned Survivalist
171 Posts
Welcome from fellow Ct. prepper. Not too many from CT. here that I know of? but hope more will wake up from there material dreams and join the board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me know if you've found any like minded people. i'm down in the south west section and can't find a single soul. i'm looking to set up or join a target shooting club let me know if you've found one in CT. thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts