Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my two in the mail today. $15.02 for both shipped. They look fine, but I never had a wool blanket, but for that price how bad can they be. To hot for any testing now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Please describe the edge seam too, thanks. Any other general review type comments would be nice. Let us know how it's working for you.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
you must not have used a 20% off coupon ....... there's a readily available coupon for a one item discount of 20% ....... no limit on the discount ...... couple of blankets you would have saved a couple of bucks ..... basically your shipping charge

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought an inside track membership for harbor freight to be able to save more. A buddy of mine and I split the cost on big ticket items to save expenses and pool resources. We just bought a cement mixer, some chainfalls, come alongside, and some other tools to move us a little closer to self sufficiency.

·
Team 30-30 Mem. #190
327 Posts
I know they had tools, didn’t know they had other stuff too. A guy I worked with use to go there a lot. I might just have to cross the river myself to the one around Philly sometime soon.

·
Been around
370 Posts
I don't think they're 100% wool -- the one's I've bought from Harbor Freight have been a wool/poly blend. The feel a little lighter than the 80% wool blends you find at an Army Surplus store.

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These have no noticeable smell. Itchy, yes, no way you will sleep with this next to your skin. The lead content is just enough to keep them from blowing away in the OK wind. I will take a better pic of the edge seam, it looks fine to me. They say dry clean only, no machine wash, so I will probably just hand wash or sacrifice one and see what happens. I had no coupon and paid 15 bucks for two of them including shipping, cheap enough to me. I have no membership because I don't usually buy from harbor freight because of cheaper quality items. The label says 80% wool and 20% poly, I have no way of proving or disproving this.
They cost $7.50 guys. I did not expect them to be a $300 wool blanket. They may end up being put in the trucks for winter time.

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
Go to a fabric store and buy some Flannel material and have someone you know sew it to one side of the blanket. It will give you a soft side to cover up with. Dry clean means no water. Water will shrink and make it stink. Stay with the dry cleaning, At about $4 it still a deal. And unless you **** the bed, you will not have to clean it very often. (the ****ing the bed part is a joke I hope you don't have a issue that I just insulted)

Anyway good find and better than that...THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW. Too many people find deals and good or bad we never hear from them. We need info like this, this is what the forums are for IMHO.

Thanks Bud.

·
Independent Librarian
179 Posts
Got my two in the mail today. $15.02 for both shipped. They look fine, but I never had a wool blanket, but for that price how bad can they be. To hot for any testing now.
Looks exactly like the ones we have in the USN. Same color too, the army ones I have are green of course and slightly heavier but both work just fine.

As for the other comments about itch factor, you get used to it. I sleep with a wool blanket every night on duty and underway with just the boxers on. After you wash them a few times the itchiness kinda dies down anyways. About washing, they wash and dry fine. I wash mine myself once a month in the massive EDRO Washer Extractors the navy uses, and dry them in a 70lb dryer. They're good. I promise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts