Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am off to Vancouver for Christmas, and I have decided to buy a new handgun for myself.

The ones I have narrowed my choices are all 9mm versions of
cz75
m&p 9
xd 9
and possiably a glock 17, but not ergonomically my fav

I have fired the glock and m&p, love the m&p.
but I hear so many good things about the cz, and I do own a cz 858 and its awesome.

Any ideas on the cz or xd and anyone from bc know best place to shop for handguns in the lower mainland

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
You've done your research and any of those pistols would serve you well. I've heard nothing but good things about the CZ-75 and the M&P feels fantastic in my hand. I wasn't a big fan of the XD's grip safety and it felt a little thick for my small hands.

Personally, I went with the Glock 19. It fit my hand well and was pretty lightweight. Glock also has the strongest aftermarket for parts and magazines, by far, and they have a legendary reputation. Glock has dominated the police market and it is also being adopted by more and more armies. They're cheap ($459 at GlockWorld.com) and they have a strong service life.

Go with your gut. Which ever pistol you choose won't be exceptionally better or worse than any of the others on that list.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
For longevity and looks, the CZ-75.

The XD's are very good, but suffer the same issue as the Glocks and all other polymer handguns, a 20 year lifespan.

I've had better luck with new shooters with the CZ-75 platform than pretty much any other style or grip.

I've owned all of the options (and a few others) and would pick the CZ above all the rest.

·
RKBA SNBI
187 Posts
M&P

I've put 500 or 1000 rounds thru my M&P (.40) and it's my favorite gun. It feels right in my hand and it's quite accurate. If I buy another semi, it will probably be another M&P 40 or 9. I've never shot the CZ, and I'm not a Glock fan.

·
Resident Ninja
2,092 Posts
That's a helluva list... I don't think you'd wrong with any of the handguns you've researched. :thumb:

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
the M&P "feels" the best to me but after many police abandon it due to extactor problems I looked into the XD and hevent looked back since.

I wouldent feel bad with a glock but i think you get an overall more durable gun with the XD.

I too was in the market for a used XD9 (used because the new ones are 600+ around here) but then i found a lightly used XD 45 service for $450. I talked him down to $400, tax was about $28 so $428 OTD with a XD45, three mags, and XD gear paddle holster( not the XD gear that comes with). I'd still love to have one in 9mm, though. I think that will be my wifes gun ;)

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got my new gun and I went way off plan.
I bought a stainless S&W 686p .357, not even close to what I was after. That being said, I could nt be happier, awsome quality gun, and what a looker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts